Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

BMW 520D Electric Mirror

Options
  • 23-08-2018 11:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 40

On holiday in Kerry and a driver straying onto my side of the road knocked off the drivers side external mirror. Rang BMW dealer and replacement cost plus fitting is c. 700 euro. If I can source a 2nd hand mirror from a breaker, are,there any pitfalls in fitting. I will be getting a mechanic to do the fitting. Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,854 ✭✭✭✭MetzgerMeister

Who is paying for the replacement? If it's the other driver or their insurer, you are fully entitled to have the €700 one fitted, you don't have to go to a breakers.

• Registered Users Posts: 40 pjackson

The other driver kept going. So unfortunately I’m paying.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,854 ✭✭✭✭MetzgerMeister

Ah crap. If you have heated, electrically adjustable and folding mirrors, make sure all these things work on the replacement once fitted. Ask the breakers to confirm if what they are giving is the exact same as your old one and you should then be fine.

• Registered Users Posts: 40 pjackson

Good advice. Many thanks.

Advertisement