Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Best place to buy tyres online

• 14-05-2018 8:01pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,001 ✭✭✭

This post has been deleted.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,246 ✭✭✭mgbgt1978

At the moment tyreleader.ie seem to be the cheapest across a range of tyres. Certainly beating Oponeo and Camskill for the past few months.
    Just be aware that they charge an extra €4 per tyre if paying by paypal.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,480 ✭✭✭wexie

In my experience it very much depends on what you're looking for.

I've had good experiences with these guys in the past (even though the courier lost one of my tires somehow :mad: they sent a new one pretty quickly).

Free delivery for 4 or more tires as well.

https://www.tyres-pneus-online.ie/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,644 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

Eiretyres and oponeo very similar if not same price.

Jimbis on here will fit tyres as he has a van if in Dublin area on South side.

Free delivery on all tyres

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,288 ✭✭✭kdevitt

I've been recommending tyreleader a lot lately - but having a nightmare with them on my latest order. Customer service is woeful if you have an issue.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,001 ✭✭✭ayux4rj6zql2ph

• Advertisement

Apart from Camskill (UK), the rest are nearly all on Mainland Europe. Normally about 4 working days or so for delivery.

mgbgt1978 wrote: »
    Apart from Camskill (UK), the rest are nearly all on Mainland Europe. Normally about 4 working days or so for delivery.

Is camskil not crazy for delivery?

Last time I checked they wanted 90 pounds for 4 4*4 tires?!

AFAIK they are in Germany.....

wexie wrote: »
    Is camskil not crazy for delivery?

Last time I checked they wanted 90 pounds for 4 4*4 tires?!
    Usually around a Tenner per Tyre, but maybe the 4x4's were heavier ???

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,612 ✭✭✭crasy dash

My last order from tyreleader came from Andorra they used to be based in Germany I think and usually have my tyres within a week and delivered by dpd

4 Motorsport Cars here, and 3 road Cars. Last 7 orders for Tyres were all from Tyreleader.
    Some came from poland, 1 lot from Germany, and 2 orders from Netherlands.
    All arrived within 4 days and all came via DPD....Tracking numbers provided before Tyres were picked up each time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,296 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

Like buying anything online they arrive at the address you give them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,356 ✭✭✭jimbis

Tyreleader themselves told me they dispatch from different warehouses throughout europe depending on demand. Ive had deliveries come from Andorra, Holland, Germany etc with them.
    Delivery times are usually good but some can be 7 working days and with no tracking number.

I havent had any problems with them anyway other than slight delays. Also if delivery is an issue you cant select and fitter when ordering and the tyres are delivered to them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 594 ✭✭✭Dazzy

I would have always bought tyres from Camskill and brought them to a local tyre supplier to fit. The local tyre supplier asked me to give them a chance to quote. Since then the local place have been able to match or beat the online price when you factor in delivery and fitting.

Might be an option to try and source locally.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,339 ✭✭✭alias no.9

wexie wrote: »
    In my experience it very much depends on what you're looking for.

I've had good experiences with these guys in the past (even though the courier lost one of my tires somehow :mad: they sent a new one pretty quickly).

Free delivery for 4 or more tires as well.

https://www.tyres-pneus-online.ie/

Used these a few weeks back also, ordered on a Monday and received them the following Monday so not going to be much use in an emergency but great savings for planned replacement.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,615 ✭✭✭grogi

Start with tyrecomp.ie and camskill - and go to whoever is cheaper for the tyre you're looking for...

Yet they mislead you on being Irish :D

Delticom AG
    Brühlstr. 11
    30169 Hannover
    Germany

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,198 ✭✭✭testicles

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,644 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

testicles wrote: »
    Imagine trying to Parcel Motel a set of tyres

Why would you they deliver to ones house for the cost of the Tyre¿¿¿

Op why are you so concerned about if they're legit???

All ones mentioned here are well established dealers.

• Registered Users Posts: 23 theskibag

I always get mine from openio. Find them very good and never had a problem with them

• Registered Users Posts: 23 theskibag

Yeah when i was looking openio were cheaper than eire

Doesn't matter where in Europe the tires come from, they should all have an E mark. It's not an Ireland thing but a europe one.

http://www.rsa.ie/en/RSA/Your-Vehicle/About-your-Vehicle/Example-of-non-Dup/Your-Vehicles-Tyres-/Choosing-a-Tyre/
    E-marking on tyres
    What is an E-marked tyre?

An E-mark confirms that a tyre meets minimum EU or International (UNECE) standards in relation to its dimensions, load and speed rating. E-mark tyres have been tested to ensure adequate tread depth and performance ability.

All motor vehicles tyres in the EU must be E-marked, whether new or retreaded.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,373 ✭✭✭selous

Curious to know OP which did you order from or did you order online?

Tyreleader are cheapest by e24 for set of 4 tyres I want (using a discount code E12 off) but there's some "not too good" reviews on line from Irish users,
    from
    "7 days no tyres"
    to
    "a month on, no tyres and no reply from company"

But there are good ones too of course,

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,592 ✭✭✭tossy

selous wrote: »
    Curious to know OP which did you order from or did you order online?

Tyreleader are cheapest by e24 for set of 4 tyres I want (using a discount code E12 off) but there's some "not too good" reviews on line from Irish users,
    from
    "7 days no tyres"
    to
    "a month on, no tyres and no reply from company"

But there are good ones too of course,

I've ordered from tyre leader 3 times now, never waited more than 4 days for tyres.

Sound, thanks.

I got tyres off both Pneus and Oponeo before, had no problems,

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,878 ✭✭✭matchthis

Is there a dealer that would fit these? Or would a general advance Pitstop fit them?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,935 ✭✭✭TallGlass

Looking to get four new tyres. Is it better to get summer or winter?

• Advertisement

matchthis wrote: »
    Is there a dealer that would fit these? Or would a general advance Pitstop fit them?
    I can fit them for you.
    TallGlass wrote: »
    Looking to get four new tyres. Is it better to get summer or winter?

Go with summer, or even cross climate. Winter tyres are for winter and we really only get real winter weather here a few days out of the year.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,615 ✭✭✭grogi

jimbis wrote: »
    I can fit them for you.

Go with summer, or even cross climate. Winter tyres are for winter and we really only get real winter weather here a few days out of the year.

I would say the other way round...

Summer tyres are for summer and we typically only get a few days of summer weather each year. Winter tyres are actually excellent on wet roads.

Personally I am getting all-seasons now. Cannot complain...

grogi wrote: »
    I would say the other way round...

Summer tyres are for summer and we typically only get a few days of summer weather each year. Winter tyres are actually excellent on wet roads.

Personally I am getting all-seasons now. Cannot complain...

Winter tyres are designed to work at their full potential in low temperatures, of which we don't generally see much of. Yes your right I find some winter tyres perform well in wet weather but driving them all year round in this country you'll find them literally falling off and replacing them often.
    A good summer tyre is more than enough for our climate. Uniroyal rain expert for example.

Never ran with all seasons myself but anyone I've fitted them for always comes back for them again.

I was looking at all season myself too,
    Bridgestone has an C - A- 71 rating (for my size)
    Nokian has C - A - 69

Which isn't too bad, almost compared to a summer tyre,

When I looked at Tyreleader the Bridgestone was E62 a tyre, popped them into the basket, didn't buy them, pondered them over Dunlop summer B-B-A rating, went back next day the Bridgestone had increased to E76.....overnight.

Looking at Nokian e-line 2 now with an AAA rating. but they are only XL tyres on my car are standard, how much of a difference would that make to driving/handling/feel?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,506 ✭✭✭Interslice

Ordered 4 tyres off tyreleader on monday night. Arrived this morning(friday). :)

I ordered the Nokians from tyreleader on Thursday 8th,

I rang 3 places about prices for fitting (got details off EireTyres, ssshh) their prices when you ring them is different to is written on the site, all said they were old prices,

I ordered 4 Dunlop Sport Bluresponse, rated B, A, A. Summer Tyre, but with the ratings was fairly happy to go with them. Maybe when it comes to Nov will asses and maybe pick up a winter tyres and some alloys online, so I have another set so can swap between winter and summer as needed.

Also, done a quick Google for promo codes so saved a few more quids. -> https://www.tyreleader.ie/promo-codes

Think I got an extra 5% off at the time, so total was 241€, local place will fit them for 55€ and take away old ones. So 300€ for 4 decent tyres, can't complain.

Got the tyres yesterday, 5 working days, wrapped in 2's, must say, they're a very light tyre,

https://www.nokiantyres.com/summer-tyres/nokian-eline-2/

E304 including 5% (E3 per tyre) discount off Tyreleader,

selous wrote: »
    Got the tyres yesterday, 5 working days, wrapped in 2's, must say, they're a very light tyre,

https://www.nokiantyres.com/summer-tyres/nokian-eline-2/

E304 including 5% (E3 per tyre) discount off Tyreleader,

Mine are all fitted now. I though the Dunlops where quite light also.

Would easily order again from Tyre Leader, no problems with it. Once your not in a massive hurry for the tyres, you'll be fine, at most give it a week.

Fitted at the weekend, they are so quite on the road, didn't think there would be any noticeable difference, guy putting them on said they were very light for an XL tyre, only 7kg he said, and then his parting words of wisdom.......They'll wear out quicker, see you back next year.(better not)

Advertisement