Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

are engines available on some brands limited

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,977 ✭✭✭euser1984

If your current list include an Ibiza and an A6, i think you need to have a think about what you actually want before you buy and regret it.

i have decided ffs :D ur hilarious man

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,280 ✭✭✭✭Eric Cartman

euser1984 wrote: »
    what do you drive so? :D

Daily : 2010MY Range Rover Autobiography
    Weekend : 2005 BMW 645ci
    Project : 1999 BMW 735i

Daily : 2010MY Range Rover Autobiography
    Weekend : 2005 BMW 645ci
    Project : 1999 BMW 735i

dunno about taxing the two beamers but it's a nice bmw collection alright

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

what would you go for? seat or vw?

I personally went with Seat Ibiza cupra 192hp last year for 24k brand new. Love the car, but you will notice a bit cheaper materials inside. It does not bother me, because I got almost 200hp car for under 25k. And its not made for comfort, it's made for speed. Vw will have a bit better materials, same running gear as seat, but with massive price added and fewer extras.

Problem in this country, that dealers dont offer middle ground power cars. Something in a range of 160-180hp ( well, megane and new civic is finally here ), so you are always have to choose between paddy spec or hot hatch/sport version.

New ibiza got raving revies and is a lot better then older model. Its the size of mk5 golf now. So not really a super mini anymore. The issue is they have no cupra, which really pissed me off and vw will be vw selling same car as polo gti for 32k starting "website price".

I personally went with Seat Ibiza cupra 192hp last year for 24k brand new. Love the car, but you will notice a bit cheaper naterials inside. It does not bother me, because I got almost 200hp car for under 25k. And its not made for comfort, it made for speed. Vw will have a bit better materials, same running gear as seat, but with massive price added and fewer extras.

Problem in this country, that dealers dont offer middle ground power cars. Something in a range of 160-180hp ( well, megane and new civic is finally here ), so you are always habe to choose between paddy spec or hot hatch/sport version.

New ibiza got raving revies and is a lot better then older model. Its the size of mk5 golf now. So not really a super mini anymore. The issue is theu have no cupra, which really pissed me off and vw will be vw selling same car as poli gti for 32k starting "website price".

the golf still gets get reviews for handling and the 1.4 turbo petrol is 150bhp @ 33k....

ill check out the seat again but it really seems to only be those two choices other than getting an a3

audi a3 is about 40k btw

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,590 ✭✭✭tossy

audi a3 is about 40k btw

You are calling the mini cooper a girls car and are looking at A3s? :D

the golf still gets get reviews for handling and the 1.4 turbo petrol is 150bhp @ 33k....

ill check out the seat again but it really seems to only be those two choices other than getting an a3

Last time I checked, the cool 1.5tsi was only in New Ibiza and Ateca. The leon is using old 1.4 125hp, which is not great for the size of the car.

If you still want a saloon or hatch petrol with 150hp+, then New civic, megane gt, New ibiza are the main options.
    If you be looking for suv/cross over yolk, then you have again Ateca, new mitsy Eclipse with 163hp and I heard pug 3008 will have a 1.6 turbo engine too.

ah come on now, im looking at hatchbacks only...it's more like honda anyday of the week than a mini cooper :D

audi-a3-facelift-394.jpg?itok=8tLpKrGF

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,412 ✭✭✭fletch

My money would be on the 1.5 150bhp FR Ibiza...if only they did it in DSG, I'd have an order in already.
    Capture.jpg

If looking second hand, the Polo GT is very affordable (albeit there are very few in Ireland)...only this 3dr one for sale at the moment
    YzhjYmZhZGYxYzcwNDJjODBiODBiZjlmZTFlNjhkMzn0SI0omhN5-4YGZJbixIW7aHR0cDovL3MzLWV1LXdlc3QtMS5hbWF6b25hd3MuY29tL2RvbmVkZWFsLmllLXBob3Rvcy9waG90b185NjcxNzQ0OHx8fDYwMHg2MDB8fHx8fHx8fA==.jpeg

• Registered Users Posts: 12 PetroleumJello

I'd agree with the Ibiza linked above. It's a fantastic looking car too, but as a side note VAG adding fake dual exhausts to a lot of their new cars is really getting to me.

fletch wrote: »
    My money would be on the 1.5 150bhp FR Ibiza...if only they did it in DSG, I'd have an order in already.
    Capture.jpg

If looking second hand, the Polo GT is very affordable (albeit there are very few in Ireland)...only this 3dr one for sale at the moment
    YzhjYmZhZGYxYzcwNDJjODBiODBiZjlmZTFlNjhkMzn0SI0omhN5-4YGZJbixIW7aHR0cDovL3MzLWV1LXdlc3QtMS5hbWF6b25hd3MuY29tL2RvbmVkZWFsLmllLXBob3Rvcy9waG90b185NjcxNzQ0OHx8fDYwMHg2MDB8fHx8fHx8fA==.jpeg

New Ibiza in that fr spec looks very good. With some basic few extras and 1.5t engine it comes around 25k. I have it as an option when I will change cars, but I dont know if I can live with downgrade of 40hp. My ratty is getting bigger and I will need 4 doors. It annoys me even now how she gets in and gets out of the car. You know kids, they dont really care.

Polo with 1.4t engine is not great. Same as older ibiza cupra. They changed it to 1.8tsi turbo only and its much better engine.

I'd agree with the Ibiza linked above. It's a fantastic looking car too, but as a side note VAG adding fake dual exhausts to a lot of their new cars is really getting to me.

Even mercs doing it now. Does not really bother me anymore. It would be bice to have proper pipe out, but meh. When I drive I dont see the arse of it. :)

gonna go test drive the golf next week i'd say

Advertisement