Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Car Dismantlement Question

Options
  • 05-04-2018 12:39am
    Registered Users Posts: 39

I recently purchased a 2000 BMW (E46) 3 Series for 900 euro.
    But looking into it I see that the car is essentially right off.
    254,432KM in mileage

I plan too take the most of the car apart from the engine block too the smallest lug nut

My question is...
    Do I have to unregister the car to do that
    and
    If I can't unregister the car can i sell (essentially) the skeleton to a scrap yard

Comments

How do you plan on managing the hazardous materials contained........ fluids including lubricating oil, coolant, brake fluid, and catalytic convertors, all of which should be disposed of safely in order to prevent pollution.

http://www.citizensinformation.ie/en/travel_and_recreation/motoring_1/buying_or_selling_a_vehicle/how_to_dispose_of_an_end_of_life_vehicle.html

• Registered Users Posts: 12,235 ✭✭✭✭Cee-Jay-Cee

I recently purchased a 2000 BMW (E46) 3 Series for 900 euro.
    But looking into it I see that the car is essentially right off.
    254,432KM in mileage

I plan too take the most of the car apart from the engine block too the smallest lug nut

My question is...
    Do I have to unregister the car to do that
    and
    If I can't unregister the car can i sell (essentially) the skeleton to a scrap yard

To answer your question, no you do not have to de-register the car. Strip whatever parts you want and then sell/donate the shell to a scrap merchant who will scrap/crush it.

• Registered Users Posts: 39 Orange Juice 935

My Uncle is a mechanic and says he's willing to help take them out for me

Advertisement