Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Soap-y SHEEP Signups

Options
  • 13-02-2021 7:54pm

0_MAIN-Emmerale-Eastenders-Coronation-Street.jpg

The premise of SHEEP is very simple - I give you a list of questions and you PM me the answers based on what you think the most popular answer will be.

As it is my first time conducting one of these orchestras, I'm going to keep it nice and simple, so no traps or any other gimmicks, and as always, Google is permitted in SHEEP.

SIGNUPS WILL CLOSE AT 23:59 ON SUNDAY 28th of FEBRUARY. Reveal will take place on Monday March 1st (time to be confirmed).

DO NOT post your list on thread

The topic of this SHEEP is (OG) British TV Soaps - PM me a list of your answers.

1. Name someone that has worked/currently works in The Rover Returns.

2. Name someone that has worked/currently works in The Queen Vic.

3. Name someone that has worked/currently works in The Woolpack.

4. Name a member of the Platt family (Coronation St.)

5. Name a member of the Mitchell family (Eastenders)

6. Name a member of the Dingle family (Emmerdale)

7. Name someone that was murdered in any of the three shows.

8. Name a famous person that has made a cameo in any of the three shows (they can either be themselves, or playing a character)

9. Who's your favourite Mitchell brother, Grant or Phil?

10. Your car is due for a service, do you bring it to;
    Webster's Autocentre, Mitchell's Autos, or Barton and Dingle Automotives?

11. The three shows started in 1960, 1985 and 1972 respectively...pick one of those years.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

Love soaps, will definitely get an entry in to you when I get a chance to have a proper look at it.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,129 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

In :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,645 ✭✭✭SineadSpears

I haven't watched soaps in the best part of 15 years but I think I could throw out some old skool names :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 28,858 ✭✭✭✭HeidiHeidi

I haven't watched soaps in the best part of 15 years but I think I could throw out some old skool names :pac:
    I'd be the same..... I'd have to google to find literally any current characters!

But I'll give it a go, maybe there'll be more old-schoolers out there than we think!

Now there's a blast from the past! Used to watch those shows with my Granny when I was a kid, but it must be about 15-20 years since I've seen a full episode of any of them. I'll get an entry in but will definitely require Google for those which my memory fails me on.

• Advertisement

I used to love Home and Away too :). Neighbours, not so much.

• Registered Users Posts: 274 ✭✭Mutleyboo

Now your talking! Gotta love how your life seems great after watching any of the soaps

MfOlKcS.gif

The Sheepulator is up and running.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,858 ✭✭✭✭HeidiHeidi

Aaaaaand I'm in!

We're up to

ajy4ac19094-njnnavy06jki_2.jpg

• Advertisement

In. I know my soaps well, so no Google necessary (which will probably end up working against me if most people end up googling and just go for the first thing that appears...)

This was a nice easy breasy one for me.

Just had to Google question:8

Was surprised by one or two of the appearances.

Not sure of the storyline's that went along with the cameo's. It may very well influence some of the answers from people in the know.

HS900595_poster_1920_1080.jpg

Haven't watched soaps in about 15 years, at least!
    So very old school answers I think.
    Didn't Google until no.7 tho :)

Poor LeVar seems to be the only one in the game who knows anything about soaps, & he might end up being the loser with all us old schoolers around :D:D

Poor LeVar seems to be the only one in the game who knows anything about soaps, & he might end up being the loser with all us old schoolers around :D:D

I never said I didn't skew old school too... Been watching soaps my entire life, my Ma raised me on soaps, that's nearly 34 years to choose from... ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,063 ✭✭✭wrestlemaniac

Winning answers submitted :)

I never said I didn't skew old school too... Been watching soaps my entire life, my Ma raised me on soaps, that's nearly 34 years to choose from... ;)

Cool, but don't worry, you only need to post 15 years of storylines so we can all catch up on whats been happening in the shows :p

And we've reached double digits :)

Cool, but don't worry, you only need to post 15 years of storylines so we can all catch up on whats been happening in the shows :p

I usually get paid to go through the history of each soap. My consultancy fee is a very reasonable €2000* for a 5 day refresher workshop. ;)

*actual amount I've been paid to literally do just that...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,823 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

There's only one soap I've ever watched

dream-team-squad-photo.png?strip=all&w=700&quality=100

So I'll be relying entirely on Google for this

I usually get paid to go through the history of each soap. My consultancy fee is a very reasonable €2000* for a 5 day refresher workshop. ;)

*actual amount I've been paid to literally do just that...

Do a job you love and you'll never work a day in your life :cool:

Do a job you love and you'll never work a day in your life :cool:

That's the type of "motivational" jargon governments and corporations coin to keep the masses enslaved.

You can like (or even love) your job all you want, but the moment you stop thinking of it as work, you've merely become another cog in the machine ; a compliant victim of society, doing what Big Brother wants you to do.

Never lose sight of the fact we're all at their mercy, and rage against the machine at every opportunity...

;)

The Dirty Dozen
    Bubblypop
    HeidiHeidi
    Homer J. Fong
    Necro
    Reberetta
    Rikand
    Sawduck
    ShaneU
    SineadSpears
    Strawberry Milkshake
    Wrestlemaniac

...Also Starring LeVar Burton

Just updated the OP there.

Signups will close at 23:59 on Sunday February 28th with the reveal taking place on the Monday.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,512 Mod ✭✭✭✭HildaOgdenx

Used to be a soap fan, but am now way out of touch...count me in please.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,943 ✭✭✭✭the purple tin

Ay-up chuck. I'm in.
    Let's go for a pint and an 'otpot down't Rovers, cock :)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,943 ✭✭✭✭the purple tin

Used to be a soap fan, but am now way out of touch...count me in please.
    Don't be so modest Hilda, you were one of my favourite characters ;)

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,512 Mod ✭✭✭✭HildaOgdenx

Don't be so modest Hilda, you were one of my favourite characters ;)

Oh I loved Hilda! :D
    Brilliant character.

• Advertisement

Old school answers here too.

I'm sure the number of murders in soaps must be huge but I went with the one that I always remember. :D

I don't think my car would pass the NCT after being in any of those garages. They never do very much, they have too much drama going in in their lives. :D

Advertisement