Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

form 11 and pension relief

• 26-02-2021 2:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 18

Determined to do my own taxes this year .Its not that easy first time around.
    I'm stuck on the section where I claim relief for a private pension. I pay 50 euro a week into a BOI pension. In the section : Superannuation Contributions/ AVC where not deducted by employer do I just put the amount of money I put into the
    pension ? i.e. 50 multiplied by 52?
    Also the prepopulated forms figures .Are they from last years tax return ?
    Any advice would be appreciated

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 885 ✭✭✭DmanDmythDledge

Prepopulated figures for employment income would be 2020 but other prepop figures are likely to be from 2019 return.

What type of pension do you have? Is it linked to an employment or self employment? Have you already received tax relief on 2020 contributions and want to claim 2021 conts in 2020 return? A number of different factors in play to ensure the pension contributions section is completely correctly.

• Registered Users Posts: 18 Seamybeag

Thanks for your reply Dman . My pension is not linked to employment or self employment .i started it in 2019 and I first claimed relief in my self assessment return last year( through my accountant).This year I'm going to (try to)do the return myself. I've put my gross employment income into the calculation of maximum pension relief available on occupational income (Form 11/Paye BIK Pensions(2))and this gives a figure bigger than the amount I've paid into the pension(in the year). I'm just not sure about the box marked Super Annuation Contributions/AVC where not deducted by employer .I think I just put the total contributions into this box. Thanks in advance for any and all replies and suggestions . I've also made an enquiry with Revenue but I guess ill have to wait til Monday for that .

Advertisement