Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Website or App to auto-notify if it will rain?

Options
  • 03-01-2012 8:15pm
    Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Hey guys, does anyone know either an (Android) app, or a website, that will automatically alert you if it is likely to rain in a given period? I ride a motorbike and it would be nice to know if e.g. tomorrow there is rain likely so I can either take the car or wear better gear etc. Are there sites that can email you if rain is forecast the next day etc?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,108 ✭✭✭John mac

met.ie
    this page has 5 day http://www.met.ie/forecasts/5day-ireland.asp

just set up an alarm on your phone to look at the site every evening.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,855 ✭✭✭Nabber

Andriod app 'rain alarm'. Very handy. Gives you a rain-dar. Also gives you a message letting you know % chance of precip and how much time till it arrives.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,548 ✭✭✭Harps

Yep rain alarm is about the best I've found, don't use it all that much but it generally seems to work pretty well

It runs in the background and gives you a notification if there's rain on the way which is handy

https://market.android.com/details?id=de.mdiener.rain.usa&hl=en

• Registered Users Posts: 1,892 ✭✭✭the kelt

Dont know about any of you but there has been an easy way for me to know when it is raining.

Basically since October if the day ends in a Y then its going to rain, been in my house 5 years and have never seen my back garden in such a state.

Would love snow but log on here in the hope every day that its migh actually stop raining for 3 to 4 days in a row.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,490 ✭✭✭Hooter23

Yes rain alarm is very good only problem is living here in galway the alarm is constantly going off :mad::pac: haha

• Advertisement
Advertisement