Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Registering as external student

Options
  • 22-09-2020 6:34pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 58 ✭✭

Hi all,

I'm currently studying a L.C. Subject outside of school as a mature student for entry to a specific college degree- does anyone know or have experience with how you go about registering as an external student to sit an exam? Do I need to approach a school etc?

Any help appreciated.

Kind regards.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 696 ✭✭✭jrmb

I can't find the exact, up-to-date procedure because it's too early to register for 2021. You have to register with the SEC as an external candidate and pay a fee. It would be a good idea to ask a local school whether they can accommodate you first. Some schools apply an additional fee for candidates who aren't their own students.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,115 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

It's usually January they take external entries on examinations.ie

Advertisement