Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

No information

Options
  • 13-01-2010 4:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,810 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

This is possibly a stupid question but I have only just started researching my family tree so I'm new to all this.

Basically, I'm wondering what would the reason be for not finding any information on a whole family? I have information going back on three of my grandparents, but can't seem to find anything on one grandmother. This is despite knowing names, dates of births, careers, even specific addresses going back a number of generations. I have the maiden name of my grandmother's mother also but keep hitting a brick wall. I have checked the 1911 census and can't find any one in the family.

Their second name is also one I haven't heard too many times; Hamill. I have tried searched Hammill, Hamil and Hamill but nothing has come up.

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance.

Comments

Advertisement