Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WIFI extender & SKY Q

Options
  • 18-10-2020 6:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭

I currently have the main SKY Q box installed in sitting room and the mini box in one of the bedrooms. I have tried to move the mini box to another room but it won't set up telling me it can't connect to internet. I got a Wifi extender and when it is connected the mini box will work but the problem is it disconnects the internet from everything else (phones, laptop). Once I disconnect the wifi extender the mini box loses connection but the internet comes back on everything else. Can any one help me with this issue. The wifi extender was once purchased in Harvey Normans - tp-link (Extend AC750 Dual Bank Wi-Fi for the Whole House)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 29 goalposts

I recently went with the powerline adapters (TP-link AV600 or AV500, both available through Harvey Norman if you want to stay with them) to connect up my Sky Q Mini box as I was having issues with the Sky Q 5 GHZ mesh network interfering with my Virgin 5 GHz network (I get my internet connection through Virgin). They're simple to install and rock-solid connections ever since.

Advertisement