Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ian McKinley to play for the Barbarians

Options
2»

Comments

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,167 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

Podge_irl wrote: »
    Depending on the outlook for the future of the goggles treviso could do worse than having him for just their home games for now. Unless they wouldn't be allowed in the competition full stop.

I wonder does Romania allow them

• Registered Users Posts: 527 ✭✭✭mogwai81

Sangre wrote: »
    I wonder how manages his placekicks given that he (I would assume) have greatly reduced depth perception.

After about 2/3 months the brain adjusts to one eye. Not exactly the same as before but not far off.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,375 ✭✭✭padser

Sangre wrote: »
    I wonder how manages his placekicks given that he (I would assume) have greatly reduced depth perception.

He obviously just hits everything at 100% power..... None of this new age "place the ball 2 feet over the bar" stuff you see the show off outhalves doing

• Registered Users Posts: 17,010 ✭✭✭✭Neil3030

Would he be good enough to play in Japan? Sure those fellas love their gadgets, hard see the goggles being banned there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,930 ✭✭✭duckysauce

Neil3030 wrote: »
    Would he be good enough to play in Japan? Sure those fellas love their gadgets, hard see the goggles being banned there.

hardly call his aid, a gadget

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,601 ✭✭✭✭errlloyd

Neil3030 wrote: »

The problem is they are so limited on how many foreign players they can have, they will only sign superstars.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,166 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zzippy

errlloyd wrote: »
    The problem is they are so limited on how many foreign players they can have, they will only sign superstars.

I'm usually biased towards Connacht players, but George Naoupu is hardly a superstar and he spent a while out there...

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,599 Mod ✭✭✭✭CIARAN_BOYLE

Zzippy wrote: »
    I'm usually biased towards Connacht players, but George Naoupu is hardly a superstar and he spent a while out there...

Things have changed

• Registered Users Posts: 37,978 ✭✭✭✭irishbucsfan

Things have changed

Not that much though, there are some less than special players over there still.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,183 ✭✭✭✭Buer

There are loads of players in Japan that aren't superstars. In fact, the bulk of foreign players there wouldn't be. They might have a couple of superstars in their squad, a couple of one cap wonders who cashed in on that and got a contract as soon as they knew their careers weren't going places at home and a few guys we'll never have heard of.

Toshiba Brave Lupus are the most successful Top League team ever. They have guys like Daisuke Estrella (American), Lee Kwang Moon (Korean) and Epeli Nakolinivalu (Fijian) in their squad. No, I've never heard of them either.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,601 ✭✭✭✭errlloyd

Fair enough, it seems I'm wrong.

Advertisement