Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

J4/5 (Social Rugby) Season 2014/2015

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,291 ✭✭✭✭salmocab

eoferrall wrote: »
    CUS built it and Stillorgan will still play their matches there. everything else is just hearsay and rumours!

(so yes he's full of **** as thats the first i ever heard of Lansdowne having anything to do with it.)

Cheers man thats what I thought but he claimed there was a Landsdowne sign up on the end of building. Glad Stillorgan are still there always liked playing them, good lads and tough games.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,542 ✭✭✭eoferrall

salmocab wrote: »
    Cheers man thats what I thought but he claimed there was a Landsdowne sign up on the end of building. Glad Stillorgan are still there always liked playing them, good lads and tough games.

in september we will be starting to train on flood lit, all weather pitches, but playing matches in Bird ave.

So might see you there some saturday!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,291 ✭✭✭✭salmocab

eoferrall wrote: »
    in september we will be starting to train on flood lit, all weather pitches, but playing matches in Bird ave.

So might see you there some saturday!

Where are the all weather pitches?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,967 ✭✭✭✭The Lost Sheep

Does anyone know what the story is down in bird avenue was the new clubhouse built by Landsdowne? Are Stillorgan still there? Is there a long term thing planned by Stillorgan to move? I just assumed it was a new dressing room complex built by the school but I was talking to my brother earlier and he reckoned it was Landsdownes although I assume that just means they coughed up and CUS benefit from it, although to be fair he likes to think he is in the know and could be full of sh1t.
    Interesting Lansdowne getting involved there with their place up in Ballycorus they share with Wesley has only been refurbished within last few years with pitches done up etc
    gaius c wrote: »
    I understand that Parkmore are moving all the way from div 7 to div 10. They won 3 games last year so they were not outclassed by any means.

Would be concerned that they are not really interested in competitive rugby and instead want some easy marks for them to do their Harlem Globetrotters routine.
    Could they have lost serious amount of players forcing the move? Not like they've a big club who can replace players easy..
    Pudsy33 wrote: »
    Is there anywhere to see the junior rugby leagues?
    Not all divisions are available on Leinster website yet but top 5 divisions have definitely been made

• Registered Users Posts: 3,528 ✭✭✭gaius c

Could they have lost serious amount of players forcing the move? Not like they've a big club who can replace players easy..

Maybe but I'm skeptical. Could be because I remember other teams pulling the same excuse and promptly getting bumped back to where they came from once their agenda became apparent. I'm thinking of a J4A winning team that instead of moving up to J3, instead asked to move 4 divisions down into J5 because "their front row retired".

If they had "lost a serious amount of players", they'd be folding, not going to a different league.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,374 ✭✭✭Eponymous

Benildus have new astro facilities, I think it's there. They were there on Tuesdays over the winter last season.

I think where your brother is getting his wires crossed is that someone on the PTA in CUS is a Lansdowne man... Putting two and two together and getting five.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,308 Mod ✭✭✭✭.ak

Question for the wingers out there. If you have a primary leg you step off, do you prefer to play on that side of the pitch? i.e; if you step off your right mostly, do you like to play on the right side of the pitch to step back inside? Or would you prefer to play on the left to step outside the man.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,583 ✭✭✭cloneslad

.ak wrote: »
    Question for the wingers out there. If you have a primary leg you step off, do you prefer to play on that side of the pitch? i.e; if you step off your right mostly, do you like to play on the right side of the pitch to step back inside? Or would you prefer to play on the left to step outside the man.

Are you trying to avoid tackles?? we want you to go through people this year.

I'm er, asking for a friend!

Anyway I'll go through people when you learn to pass a ball. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,729 ✭✭✭✭Pudsy33

Does anyone know then the fixtures will be out? Can't wait to see if I'll have the opportunity to run over some of you lot ;)

• Advertisement

Does anyone know then the fixtures will be out? Can't wait to see if I'll have the opportunity to run over some of you lot ;)

Usually this site has them up, but I'd imagine the fixtures haven't been finalized yet. Hopefully the branch is arranging them around any provincial fixtures.

http://sportsmanager.ie/cake/rugby/leinsterNew/league/71079/division6

Usually this site has them up, but I'd imagine the fixtures haven't been finalized yet. Hopefully the branch is arranging them around any provincial fixtures.

http://sportsmanager.ie/cake/rugby/leinsterNew/league/71079/division6

Cheers mate, I always manage to lose that link.

• Administrators Posts: 53,415 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

Think I've asked this before but do people go and watch like Division 6 games, other than family of the players?

Nah, few times you might get some old blighter turn up who's just a rugby fantatic, and will spend the 80 min shout abusing at the ref.

Although if it's a play off or near the end of the season or if there's something else going on at the club you might get a few extra. We got a big crowd at one of our games because there was a cricket match and the weather was deadly.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,320 ✭✭✭Teferi

Yeah, basically friends/family and people related to the team in some way (former players, coaches etc.). If there is something on in the club then you'll get a few extra. You'd normally get a bigger crowd during the business end of the season if you're in contention for a trophy.

It depends on your strength or speed and What's better in your game.
    When I played on the wing I played both depending on who turned who etc. On quite a few occasions I moved from playing 2nd row/back row to wing in 1 game....
    Should be the next week or two. Divisions 1-6 have been made so shouldn't be too long before rest are released

awec wrote: »
    Think I've asked this before but do people go and watch like Division 6 games, other than family of the players?
    Yeah but will depend on who and when they are playing. If division 6/7/8 games are being played before/after a clubs AIL game then you will have people who came to watch seniors also watching 3rds/4ths/5ths

We (tallaght) get 20 or 30 people to the home games. Generally it's ex players, and friends and family. Still a decent crowd though.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,920 ✭✭✭✭stephen_n

cloneslad wrote: »
    Are you trying to avoid tackles?? we want you to go through people this year.

Little people can't run through people, surely you have learned that by now.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,502 ✭✭✭chris85

stephen_n wrote: »

Ah in fairness to cloneslad he was able to clean some person out of it last week in tag though. Not far off there am I? I am sure this will translate into full contact.

• Advertisement

AK as a winger you should always be looking to go outside, so if you step off your right foot the left is a better option or vice versa, nothings set in stone but if you're going to step back inside chances are you're going to have to ride a covering tackle so would be more suited to bigger/stronger wingers. I always step to the right, so had a marked preference for the right wing, on the rare occasions I got stuck out there!

Interesting. I wouldn't be the quickest (at all) so I generally prefer to take contact and try and break it rather than step outside the man.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,583 ✭✭✭cloneslad

chris85 wrote: »
    Ah in fairness to cloneslad he was able to clean some person out of it last week in tag though. Not far off there am I? I am sure this will translate into full contact.

I was a man on a mission, I wasn't going to be stopped, I could see the try line and knew if I put my head down, tucked the ball under my arm (I wasn't passing to anyone), ran as fast as I could, and dropped my shoulder hard upon contact, that I could get over the try line.

I can't understand why the ref gave me a yellow card. That GIRL could have gotten out of the way if she wanted :o:o

awec wrote: »

Club heads and the provincial scouts checking for players falling through the gaps.

Out of curiosity, when do Clontarf J5's train? I've a friend living up that direction who has never played and is thinking of giving it a go.

AK as a winger you should always be looking to go outside, so if you step off your right foot the left is a better option or vice versa, nothings set in stone but if you're going to step back inside chances are you're going to have to ride a covering tackle so would be more suited to bigger/stronger wingers. I always step to the right, so had a marked preference for the right wing, on the rare occasions I got stuck out there!

Depends. If you're 2 metres from the touchline, I wouldn't be looking to head that way.

P.S. You always step off the left? Your card is marked now.

Club heads and the provincial scouts checking for players falling through the gaps.

Out of curiosity, when do Clontarf J5's train? I've a friend living up that direction who has never played and is thinking of giving it a go.

Mondays and Wednesdays 7pm.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,994 ✭✭✭✭Losty Dublin

I'm er, asking for a friend!

Anyway I'll go through people when you learn to pass a ball. ;)

"makes note to run every ball a crash ball on your wing" this season.

Depends. If you're 2 metres from the touchline, I wouldn't be looking to head that way.

P.S. You always step off the left? Your card is marked now.

In fairness if you try to step 2 metres out, you should be carrying the water lol

I don't step that often, the shortest distance between me and the try line is a straight line :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,542 ✭✭✭eoferrall

up in benildus grounds on their pitches. played there on tuesdays after christmas last season and was great.

• Advertisement

Still can't do 5 real push ups :o

Advertisement