Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Ulster Bank League 2014-2015 talk/gossip/rumours

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭good_afternoon

Who has best chance of making number 4 in 1A? 1 lansdowne, 2 nure, 3 tarf 4?? Dolphin gone, who will be in play off??

• Registered Users Posts: 958 ✭✭✭ArmchairQB

Who has best chance of making number 4 in 1A? 1 lansdowne, 2 nure, 3 tarf 4?? Dolphin gone, who will be in play off??

It is in Ballynahinch's hands. Clontarf travel there with nothing to play for as they can't catch the top 2 and can't be caught by anyone else for 3rd. Hinch have all to play for win and they get 4th. Plus I don't think Hinch have lost a league game at home this year. UCD & Cork Con will give it their all in case Tarf do beat Hinch so really all to play for numerous permutations on how it could end up

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 458 ✭✭stellenbosch

ArmchairQB wrote: »
    It is in Ballynahinch's hands. Clontarf travel there with nothing to play for as they can't catch the top 2 and can't be caught by anyone else for 3rd. Hinch have all to play for win and they get 4th. Plus I don't think Hinch have lost a league game at home this year. UCD & Cork Con will give it their all in case Tarf do beat Hinch so really all to play for numerous permutations on how it could end up

Agree BUT re the 1A/1B playoff UCD have a huge amount to play for-here is how I see it:

1A: Marys play Dolphin at home who are relegated so me thinks they will win that-UCD play Con away-if UCD lose and Marys win UCD are then 2nd from bottom and in the relegation playoff spot-who would they play?

1 B: If Garryowen beat Galwegians-its in Galway and Trinity beat Quins-its in College Park then Trinity finish second and would play UCD!!!

Obviously some other permutations but the above is a realistic one! The colours match between UCD and Trinity is scheduled for the week after the last UBL round-that would be some game!

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭good_afternoon

Top 4 will be as is unless hinch lose, or is there any other way of another team forcing their way in? Gowen very imoressive all season showing great determination to bounce back from 1b.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,967 ✭✭✭✭The Lost Sheep

Last round of regular games this weekend. Lots to play for. Key games and list of all fixtures below
    All games in all divisions kick off Saturday 2.30pm

In 1A Lansdowne are top and have a home semi final. Terenure finished second and will have a home semi final against Clontarf who finished third.
    Ballynahinch are in the driving seat for the final playoff spot but have to play Clontarf Saturday afternoon. If they lose it opens the door for any of Young Munster, Belvedere and Cork Con to push ahead of them and take the spot.
    Dolphin have nothing to play for but their hosts St Marys need a win as well as a loss for UCD if they are to get out of the playoff with second in 1B

Galwegians host Garryowen in a winner takes all clash to decide who moves up to 1A next season. Garryowen 64, Wegians 63 points. However Trinity in 3rd place depending on the result of the clash in Galway could take second if they get 5 points against Belfast Harlequins in College Park. Corinthians and Malone both relegated to 2A.

Fixtures
    1A
    Ballynahinch v Clontarf
    Cork Con v UCD
    Old Belvedere v Terenure College
    St Marys v Dolphin
    Young Munster v Lansdowne
    1B
    Ballymena v Buccaneers
    Trinity v Belfast Harlequins
    Galwegians v Garryowen
    Malone v Shannon
    UL Bohs v Corinthians
    2A
    Banbridge v Old Wesley
    Cashel v Skerries
    Dungannon v Bective Rangers
    Nenagh Ormond v Rainey OB
    Queens University v NUIM Barnhall
    Seapoint v City of Derry
    Thomond v Naas
    UCC v Blackrock College
    2B
    Bruff v Boyne
    De La Salle Palmerston v Ards
    Old Crescent v Navan
    Richmond v Kanturk
    Sligo v Greystones
    Sundays Well v Highfield
    Tullamore v Armagh
    Wanderers v Midleton

Round Robin
    Connemara v Instonians
    Dundalk v Clonmel

• Registered Users Posts: 1,166 ✭✭✭S12b

SA09 wrote: »
    What has happened to Corinithians this year? After falling a long way back compared to their two previous seasons.

Lost players like Denis Buckley, Finlay Bealham, Aaron Conneely Marcus Walsh, Sean O'Hagan and Finn Gormley. Guys like Ultan Dillane, James Connolly and Eoghan Masterson broke through with Connacht so missed a lot and they lost an excellent coach.....decimated doesn't do it justice.

Last round of regular games this weekend. Lots to play for. Key games and list of all fixtures below
    All games in all divisions kick off Saturday 2.30pm

In 1A Lansdowne are top and have a home semi final. Terenure finished second and will have a home semi final against Clontarf who finished third.
    Ballynahinch are in the driving seat for the final playoff spot but have to play Clontarf Saturday afternoon. If they lose it opens the door for any of Young Munster, Belvedere and Cork Con to push ahead of them and take the spot.
    Dolphin have nothing to play for but their hosts St Marys need a win as well as a loss for UCD if they are to get out of the playoff with second in 1B

Galwegians host Garryowen in a winner takes all clash to decide who moves up to 1A next season. Garryowen 64, Wegians 63 points. However Trinity in 3rd place depending on the result of the clash in Galway could take second if they get 5 points against Belfast Harlequins in College Park. Corinthians and Malone both relegated to 2A.

Fixtures
    1A
    Ballynahinch v Clontarf
    Cork Con v UCD
    Old Belvedere v Terenure College
    St Marys v Dolphin
    Young Munster v Lansdowne
    1B
    Ballymena v Buccaneers
    Trinity v Belfast Harlequins
    Galwegians v Garryowen
    Malone v Shannon
    UL Bohs v Corinthians
    2A
    Banbridge v Old Wesley
    Cashel v Skerries
    Dungannon v Bective Rangers
    Nenagh Ormond v Rainey OB
    Queens University v NUIM Barnhall
    Seapoint v City of Derry
    Thomond v Naas
    UCC v Blackrock College
    2B
    Bruff v Boyne
    De La Salle Palmerston v Ards
    Old Crescent v Navan
    Richmond v Kanturk
    Sligo v Greystones
    Sundays Well v Highfield
    Tullamore v Armagh
    Wanderers v Midleton

Round Robin
    Connemara v Instonians
    Dundalk v Clonmel

If Galwegians get nothing out of Garryowen game then if Trinity win without a bonus they will go ahead of Galwegians as they have the best points difference in 1B

• Closed Accounts Posts: 231 ✭✭turtleshead

Cant see Clontarf beating Ballinahinch up north so I think the top 4 is nailed down, think whoever finishes 2nd in 1B will have a very difficult task in beating the 9th place side in 1A away from home, went to a few Garryowen & YM games this year and thought there was a notable difference in standard between the two leagues.

If Galwegians get nothing out of Garryowen game then if Trinity win without a bonus they will go ahead of Galwegians as they have the best points difference in 1B

I disagree - it will be either Mary's or ucd and trinity if they finish in 2nd are well capable of beating both

Cant see Clontarf beating Ballinahinch up north so I think the top 4 is nailed down, think whoever finishes 2nd in 1B will have a very difficult task in beating the 9th place side in 1A away from home, went to a few Garryowen & YM games this year and thought there was a notable difference in standard between the two leagues.

Oops - trinity capable of beating either ucd or Mary's in my opinion

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,366 ✭✭✭✭phog

Marcus Horan is being mentioned as taking on a coaching role in Shannon next year, one rumour is that he's getting the head coach.

• Registered Users Posts: 178 ✭✭Braken

phog wrote: »
    Marcus Horan is being mentioned as taking on a coaching role in Shannon next year, one rumour is that he's getting the head coach.
    Yea..strong rumour on Marcus ,back to 10 man rugby,tough on Sherwin thought he did OK...hope it works similar appointment Keogh was a disaster last time..Brian Tuohy rumoured for backs coach

• Registered Users Posts: 1,272 ✭✭✭Stainalert

Think Clontarf will beat Hinch which will open the door up for a few other teams - reckon Con might squeeze through.

Wouldn't write off Young Munster either - They are hard to beat at home

Expect Terenure to get the better of Belvo

Division 1A
    Ballynahinch 18 Clontarf 33, Cork Con 3 UCD 10,
    Old Belvedere 18 Terenure 8, St Marys 45 Dolphin 18,
    Young Munster 15 Lansdowne 5

Semi-Finals: Saturday, April 25
    Lansdowne v Young Munster, Terenure v Clontarf

Final Aviva Stadium Saturday, May 8

Promotion/Relegation play-off: St. Mary's College (2nd bottom in 1A) v Garryowen (2nd in 1B)
    Relegated to 1B: Dolphin

Division 1B
    Ballymena 45 Buccaneers 0, Dublin University 41 Belfast Harlequins 5, Galwegians 17 Garryowen 13, Malone 37 Shannon 34,
    UL Bohs 24 Corinthians 19

Galwegians champions and promoted to 1A. Playoff as above
    Corinthians and Malone relegated to 2A

Division 2A
    Banbridge 29 Old Wesley 24, Cashel 15 Skerries 10,
    Dungannon 37 Bective Rangers 28, Nenagh Ormond 26 Rainey Old Boys 14, Queens Belfast 55 NUIM Barnhall 26, Seapoint 12 City of Derry 27,
    Thomond 11 Naas 16, UCC 15 Blackrock College 15

Old Wesley champions and promoted to 1B. Blackrock also promoted to 1B
    Next 8 club(3rd to 10th) join Corinthians and Malone in new 2A. Remainder of sides(11th to 16th) fall to new 2B division

Division 2B
    Bruff 12 Boyne 27, De La Salle Palmerston 41 Ards 0, Old Crescent 22 Navan 24, Richmond 21 Kanturk 12, Sligo 7 Greystones 3, Sundays Well 13 Highfield 10, Tullamore 0 Armagh 21, Wanderers 27 Midleton 21

Highfield Champions. 2nd, 3rd, 4th join them in new 2B. 5th to 13th will be new 2C along with winner of playoff between winner of round robin and DLSP who finished in 14th in 2B.

Round Robin
    Connemara 0 Instonians 40, Dundalk 24 Clonmel 8

Dundalk are 2 wins from 2 and on 8 points. Instonians are 1 from 2 and on 6 points. Clonmel are 1 from 2 and on 5 points and Connemara have 0 points having been well beaten in both games - yet to score a point, try/penalty. Dundalk have to travel to Clifden in the final round next weekend while Instonians host Clonmel. Cant see anything but Dundalk going senior

Next Season
    Division 1A
    Lansdowne, Terenure, Clontarf, Young Munster, Old Belvedere, UCD, Ballynahinch, Cork Constitution, Galwegians, St Marys or Garryowen

Division 1B
    St. Mary's College or Garryowen, Dolphin, Dublin University, Ballymena, Belfast Harlequins, Shannon, Buccaneers, UL Bohemians, Old Wesley, Blackrock College

Division 2A
    Malone, Corinthians, Skerries, Banbridge, Cashel, Queen's University, Naas, Thomond, Nenagh Ormond, UCC

Division 2B
    NUIM Barnhall, City of Derry, Rainey Old Boys, Dungannon, Seapoint, Bective Rangers, Highfield, Armagh, Greystones, Sunday's Well

Division 2C
    Tullamore, Midleton, Bruff, Sligo, Wanderers, Old Crescent, Navan, Kanturk, Boyne, plus winner of play-off between DLSP and Winner of Round Robin

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,673 ✭✭✭Borders no.2

I presume from what's written above the top team in division 1b no longer gets a place in the semi-finals as was the case a couple of years ago?

I presume from what's written above the top team in division 1b no longer gets a place in the semi-finals as was the case a couple of years ago?
    No. There hasn't been playoffs in a few years and that was discounted. Only top flight teams get into playoffs.

Just 7 games left now. Division 1A semi finals and final. Playoff to decide last place in 1A. Last round of round robin and Playoff between round robin winner and DLSP

Bateman Cup final between Con and Clontarf this weekend. Any predictions??

Dolphin have got rid of their coach Steve Ford http://www.irishrugby.ie/news/34338.php#.VS0xQqNOMdU
    Buccaneers also looking for a new head coach http://www.irishrugby.ie/club/34332.php#.VS0xa6NOMdU

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,721 ✭✭✭✭Squidgy Black

Bateman Cup final between Con and Clontarf this weekend. Any predictions??

I'd say Clontarf by 7.

_Tyrrell_ wrote: »
    I'd say Clontarf by 7.

I would doubt Tarf would be at full strength considering tough away semi the following week and last game of the season for Con who will have full squad without fear of injury as will be their last game of season. Tarf having a very strong finish to the season

• Advertisement

Con won Bateman Cup 24-9
    http://www.irishrugby.ie/club/ulsterbankleagueandcup/34361.php

Dundalk won round robin and face Ards in playoff to decide final UBL place for next season

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,366 ✭✭✭✭phog

Con won Bateman Cup 24-9
    http://www.irishrugby.ie/club/ulsterbankleagueandcup/34361.php

Dundalk won round robin and face Ards in playoff to decide final UBL place for next season

Con hammered Tarf, very surprised with the scoreline, I didn't see the game, switched it on to see a Tarf player being treated with what looked like a serious injury, ref blew the game up early as a result of the injury. Hope that injured player is ok.

Sweetnam scored a good try today for Con.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 500 ✭✭Malmedicine

[quote="The Lost Sheep;951

Dundalk won round robin and face Ards in playoff to decide final UBL place for next season[/quote]

Dundalk play DLSP in the playoff. Should be an interesting game. If its open and expansive DLSP have a chance, if its 10 man they're doomed.

Hearing Joyce is a big doubt for Clontarf this weekend - Would be a big boost for Terenure if that is the case

Dundalk play DLSP in the playoff. Should be an interesting game. If its open and expansive DLSP have a chance, if its 10 man they're doomed.
    Yeah that's who I meant not Ards who're relegated...
    Would disagree on if its open/expansive Salmo having a chance. Think its totally Dundalk's to lose. Dundalk lost twice during league but I think their momentum will definitely get them the win to go senior

• Registered Users Posts: 25 stars20

Rising star UBL monthly award is a joke. You obviously have to be in one of the academy's to get it. Stephen O'Neill for example for terenure is only 20 and scored 5 tries in March but still doesn't get it. I'm been biased for that example as a terenure fan but come on. He's also joint top try scorer in the AIL on 12.. Rant over

• Advertisement

stars20 wrote: »
    Rising star UBL monthly award is a joke. You obviously have to be in one of the academy's to get it. Stephen O'Neill for example for terenure is only 20 and scored 5 tries in March but still doesn't get it. I'm been biased for that example as a terenure fan but come on. He's also joint top try scorer in the AIL on 12.. Rant over
    I don't think its a joke.
    Have you seen enough of players etc to determine who gets the award....
    Yes you probably are slightly biased and talking about academies is rubbish. Adair isn't in Ulster's and Quinlan isn't in Munster's.

Yes I have seen a lot of games this year and there is some great young players in the league. Apologies but Quinlan has played Munster A and Adair has played for full Ulster team so it's as good as. It's a great idea but should be judged on performance regardless of status

Yes I have seen a lot of games this year and there is some great young players in the league. Apologies but Quinlan has played Munster A and Adair has played for full Ulster team so it's as good as. It's a great idea but should be judged on performance regardless of status
    There is lots of great players in the league but I don't think you can say that these awards are based on anything other than performance. Its a very subjective thing. O Neill was super this season and he represented the Irish clubs team on the back of his performances. He perhaps should have been nominated but who isn't deserving of a place that O Neill should have taken?

Fair point. I don't begrudge any of the players who have won it. I just think especially in the last month or so his performances might have got him the award this time.
    Anyway thoughts on semi finals and relegation / promotion playoff match?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,014 ✭✭✭shaungil

Tullamore play skerries in final of 2A/2B cup in Naas sarurday at 3. Who knows waht this will be called next year.Whoever wins might get to keep the trophy.

• Advertisement

shaungil wrote: »
    Tullamore play skerries in final of 2A/2B cup in Naas sarurday at 3. Who knows waht this will be called next year.Whoever wins might get to keep the trophy.
    This is just a league compe to provide games when there's no AIL isn't it? Similar to Ulster Senior League and the Tony Hartery League etc..

Fair point. I don't begrudge any of the players who have won it. I just think especially in the last month or so his performances might have got him the award this time.
    Anyway thoughts on semi finals and relegation / promotion playoff match?

I think Marys will have too much for Garryowen in relegation playoff. I think the Clontarf Terenure game will depend on whether Joyce plays or not. If he plays I think Clontarf might just edge it. Young Munster took Lansdowne last time out - should be more interesting this time around. Heard today that Young Munster have gone to uncontested scrums in their last 4 games. Coincidence? Anyway think this will be another really close contest with Lansdowne to scrape through

• Closed Accounts Posts: 231 ✭✭turtleshead

Stainalert wrote: »
    Heard today that Young Munster have gone to uncontested scrums in their last 4 games. Coincidence?

That is not entirely true, and even in some of the games where it was it
    is coincidental...... I was at 3 of those games, dolphin game always had contested scrums, there were uncontested scrums during the Marys game sub prop was helped off with 10 mins to go, and the last game is freshest in memory v Lansdowne where the game went uncontested during a period when a YM prop was sin binned after starting prop went off injured, coincided with Lansdownes best period and suited them much better they scored their only try off a blindside move from an uncontested scrum, once sin bin was over contested scrums resumed.

Apparently their game against Old belvedere went to uncontested scrums - it sounds like they don't have a lot of faith in their replacement prop

Apparently their game against Old belvedere went to uncontested scrums - it sounds like they don't have a lot of faith in their replacement prop

Also went uncontested against Clontarf! Happens to often to be a coincidence I would wager! It is a definite tactic that they use according to a few of the coaches/players from clubs who have experienced it that I have talked to. Injuries happen but.....:rolleyes::rolleyes:

I fancy Lansdowne to pip them in Dublin but will be a tight game. Terenure v Clontarf is a very interesting fixture and despite Bateman cup result Tarf are the form team in the league for last few regular season fixtures. I fancy them to upset 2nd place Terenure

• Registered Users Posts: 172 ✭✭madlad88

This is just a league compe to provide games when there's no AIL isn't it? Similar to Ulster Senior League and the Tony Hartery League etc..

Hearing through the grapevine its new name will be the 2A/B/C cup :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭SA09

Would tend to agree that the Rising Star award has focused too much on academy players. Ulster Bank probably want to try to ensure that the players who are more likely to play pro in future are the ones receiving these awards as Ulster Bank will then benefit from being able to claim that "X player, now playing for Leintser/Ireland, won UBL Rising Star in 2015" and so being able to piggyback on the name.

The marketing appeal isn't there for them to award unknown players the Rising Star Award.

Agree re O'Neill - Himself and Moore have led the scoring charts all season and are not rewarded with any of these monthly awards.

Would tend to agree that the Rising Star award has focused too much on academy players. Ulster Bank probably want to try to ensure that the players who are more likely to play pro in future are the ones receiving these awards as Ulster Bank will then benefit from being able to claim that "X player, now playing for Leintser/Ireland, won UBL Rising Star in 2015" and so being able to piggyback on the name.

The marketing appeal isn't there for them to award unknown players the Rising Star Award.

Agree re O'Neill - Himself and Moore have led the scoring charts all season and are not rewarded with any of these monthly awards.

Yea agree - If you ask me the academy players are already on their way to stardom - I would prefer to see some recognition of "new" talent being rewarded

Does it really matter? Maybe that is the thinking behind the awarding to the awards to academy players but they probably are as deserving of the award for performances as the others.
    ONeill likely to get the award for 1A top try scorer if he has scored as many as people have said here
    Yea agree - If you ask me the academy players are already on their way to stardom - I would prefer to see some recognition of "new" talent being rewarded
    Why shouldn't academy players get recognised if playing well? They may be on the way to stardom but that isn't always the way things occur. Should they not get an award for good performances because they might go on to better things as a full time pro later in their career?

Anyway teams are up on irish website for the semi finals...

TERENURE COLLEGE: Ian Hanly; James O'Donoghue, Stephen O'Neill, Harrison Brewer, Harry Moore; James Thornton, Kevin O'Neill; Gary Hamilton, Robbie Smyth, Oisin Heffernan, Fergal Walsh, Kevin O'Dwyer, Robert Duke, James O'Neill (capt), Kyle McCoy.
    Replacements: Kevin Buckley, Rory Harrison, Jonathan Barretto, Niall Lalor, Mark O'Neill, Graham Coffey, Shane Donovan.

CLONTARF: Rob Keogh; Michael Brown, Colm O'Shea, Evan Ryan, Conor O'Brien; Matt D'Arcy, Sam Cronin (capt); Ivan Soroka, Bryan Byrne, Royce Burke Flynn, Tom Byrne, Ben Reilly, Karl Moran, Adrian D'Arcy, Anthony Ryan.
    Replacements: Rory Litchfield, Liam Og Murphy, Ian Hirst, Dermot O'Meara, Ariel Robles, Rob McGrath, Conor O'Keeffe.

LANSDOWNE: Cian Kelleher; Cian Aherne, Tom Farrell, Tom Daly, Ian Fitzpatrick; Scott Deasy, Adam Griggs; Peter Dooley, Tyrone Moran, Ian Prendiville, Brian Moylett, Stephen Gardiner, Joe McSwiney, Aaron Conneely, Ron Boucher (capt).

Replacements: Paddy Flood, Adam Boland, Tadhg Beirne, Joe O'Brien, Paddy O'Driscoll, Conor McKeon, Mark Roche.

YOUNG MUNSTER: Shane O'Leary; Diarmaid McCarthy, Dan Goggin, Gearoid Lyons, Eamonn Carr; Willie Staunton, Rob Guerin; David Begley, Ger Slattery (capt), Hugh McGrath, Tom Goggin, Sean Duggan, Alan Kennedy, Yasin Browne, Sean Rennison.

Replacements (from): Luke O'Halloran, Paul Allen, Darren Gallagher, Darren Ryan, Ben Kilkenny, Diarmaid Dee, Kolio Hifo, Evan Mulcahy, Ed O'Keeffe, David O'Mahony.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,308 ✭✭✭✭.ak

Joyce out for tarf? Can see them struggling a bit without him, although Darcy is in good form,

.ak wrote: »
    Joyce out for tarf? Can see them struggling a bit without him, although Darcy is in good form,

yea agree D'arcy having a great season at centre not 10 - big issue for them and big boost for Terenure

Garryowen beat Marys 13-3
    Dundalk beat DLSP 22-10
    Lansdowne and Munsters gone to extra time 16apiece at full time
    Tarf leading Terenure 3-0 well into 2nd half

Is Darcy playing 10 or 12? Someone said he's got 12 on his back...

Tarf win after a bit of monumental defending, could've scored a try themselves but got held up. Pen from the scrum under the posts. Final score 0-9

Lansdowne manage to win it in extra time with a try.

Damn would've preferred YM in the final but should be a cracker now

So Lansdowne won 23-19 and Clontarf 9-0
    Lansdowne win with last play of the game

• Registered Users Posts: 1,014 ✭✭✭shaungil

dundalk bea DLSP and are playing UBL next year.
    Skerries beat Tullamore in 2ABCD cup final

shaungil wrote: »
    dundalk bea DLSP and are playing UBL next year.
    Skerries beat Tullamore in 2AB cup final
    Dundalk are a super side. Salmo have been slipping down the past few seasons, since finish 4th in division 2 4/5 seasons ago they've been dropping down finishing much worse off each season. Its 30 years since De La Salle and Palmerston combined next season. you would hope they have something big planned to help them get back close to or up to senior. They have a huge population surrounding the club which should help with building the underage and using them to get back senior

Highlights for the nure Tarf game ..

http://www.irishrugby.ie/matchdaytv/?play=media&id=20827

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,528 ✭✭✭gaius c

Dundalk are a super side. Salmo have been slipping down the past few seasons, since finish 4th in division 2 4/5 seasons ago they've been dropping down finishing much worse off each season. Its 30 years since De La Salle and Palmerston combined next season. you would hope they have something big planned to help them get back close to or up to senior. They have a huge population surrounding the club which should help with building the underage and using them to get back senior

Yeah, it's a harsh result for Salmo but it's great for Dundalk.

Advertisement