Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Alarm Bell Tamper

Options
  • 15-03-2020 6:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3

Hi,

I have a HKC SecureWatch 610 wired alarm (old enough now, but seems fine based on a walk test).
    The keypad displays "Ext. Bell Tamper" and so I cannot arm the system.
    I would like to just bypass this tamper from the alarm panel inside the house. I understand the consequences (i.e. if a burglar actually tampers with my external bell, the panel won't detect it), but I accept that, at least for the moment.
    The panel circuit board has a set of connectors for the 6 zones at the bottom and another set of connectors to the right - these seem to be the ones related to the external bell tamper circuit. Unfortunately I don't know how the tamper circuit is wired because I can only see a Tamper Return connection on the panel.
    The set of connections and wire colors on the right-top side of the panel (from top to bottom) are listed below:

Tamper Return = yellow
    SAB Hold = blue
    External Bell + = red
    External Bell - (06) = black
    Internal Bell + = red & white (2 wires)
    Internal Bell - (05) = black & green (2 wires)
    Arm/Disarm (04) / Alarm(03) / P.A. (02) / Fire (01) = all not connected

Can someone help me to bypass the external bell tamper error from the panel please?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,640 ✭✭✭✭altor

DIY Vic wrote: »
    Hi,

I have a HKC SecureWatch 610 wired alarm (old enough now, but seems fine based on a walk test).
    The keypad displays "Ext. Bell Tamper" and so I cannot arm the system.
    I would like to just bypass this tamper from the alarm panel inside the house. I understand the consequences (i.e. if a burglar actually tampers with my external bell, the panel won't detect it), but I accept that, at least for the moment.
    The panel circuit board has a set of connectors for the 6 zones at the bottom and another set of connectors to the right - these seem to be the ones related to the external bell tamper circuit. Unfortunately I don't know how the tamper circuit is wired because I can only see a Tamper Return connection on the panel.
    The set of connections and wire colors on the right-top side of the panel (from top to bottom) are listed below:

Tamper Return = yellow
    SAB Hold = blue
    External Bell + = red
    External Bell - (06) = black
    Internal Bell + = red & white (2 wires)
    Internal Bell - (05) = black & green (2 wires)
    Arm/Disarm (04) / Alarm(03) / P.A. (02) / Fire (01) = all not connected

Can someone help me to bypass the external bell tamper error from the panel please?

These are the 2 that relate to the tamper on the bell.
    Tamper Return = yellow
    SAB Hold = blue

If you have a 4K7 resistor you can bypass this by taking out the yellow and put one leg of resistor in here, then other leg goes in with the blue in the BHO.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 DIY Vic

Many thanks Altor, I'll try to find a 4.7K resistor. I'll let you know if it worked.

Many thanks Altor, I'll try to find a 4.7K resistor. I'll let you know if it worked.

No problem, if you have access to external bell there should be one located in there.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 DIY Vic

Thanks again Altor, that worked perfectly ... and now I even understand why.
    I had to buy the resistor online as I didn't want to climb up to the external bell and Maplin has closed (ended up getting 20 of them), but the main thing is that it worked.
    Much appreciated.

Thanks again Altor, that worked perfectly ... and now I even understand why.
    I had to buy the resistor online as I didn't want to climb up to the external bell and Maplin has closed (ended up getting 20 of them), but the main thing is that it worked.
    Much appreciated.

Brilliant, glad you got it sorted.

• Advertisement
Advertisement