Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

A thread for all Things Retro Bowl

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,010 ✭✭✭BizzyC

Finding the 100% team morale achievement impossible to get....
    All my players are fully happy, but cant get above 97%
    1 of my coaches is only on "Good" morale, but the options to increase their rating come so few and far between...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,700 ✭✭✭MileHighGuy

Well after hitting the heights year after year with the Bengals, I noticed the game got waaay more difficult. Receivers rarely break open deep. Much more dink and dunk required and RB rarely (never) breaks for long runs now.

Every game seems to be a battle regardless of star ratings....I like that I'm not throwing 6 x 50 yards TDs per game, but this seems to have gone just a little too much the other way.

I have 2 x star receivers, both are always double covered. my star TE seems to stay in to block most of the time. The running game seems like a complete wasted play now. I'd say my RB avg about 2 yards per carry. I use him mostly in the passing game now.

Will have to have a look on their twitter to stay up to day with the changes, but it seems like a totally different game now.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,512 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

Well I just had my first perfect season winning my fifth Superbowl. As soon as I join Bill on six I'm retiring.
    Game certainly has got tougher but you just have to be more careful with your throws, gotta be where only the receiver can get them. I like the extra difficulty.

The non star receiver is wide open a lot.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,867 ✭✭✭Christy42

BizzyC wrote: »
    Finding the 100% team morale achievement impossible to get....
    All my players are fully happy, but cant get above 97%
    1 of my coaches is only on "Good" morale, but the options to increase their rating come so few and far between...

Didn't bother with the coaches morale. Not sure it helps. Just focused on team stuff in general. I snuck it and my morale dropped back down to 98% after my next game even though I won. I think just stick at it.

Gotten a bit too prudent and ditched too much of my team I feel. Could have afforded the decent QB! And am half the cap for next season. Still I can finish the facilities and get back to getting coaches no I finally have the fans to get cc again.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,010 ✭✭✭BizzyC

I got the 100% after another season. Got both coaches up to full morale, and prioritised keeping players instead of drafting, hurt my team quality but started the season at 98% got it to 100% after a few games.

The last update has changed the passing game completely, go routes are always covered now. It can be tougher to get down the field quickly, but it's not bad.
    Find my RB catching a lot more balls than running though, very hard to get decent gains on the ground vs short pases

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,959 ✭✭✭AbusesToilets

Dump offs to RBs all day. Dink and dunk to the end zone. TE seam routes are really solid too.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,700 ✭✭✭MileHighGuy

Yeah, I've kind of got the hang of it now, I actually was just so used to the deep bombs that I was too late to check down.... I do it the other way around now, keeping the QB dots(!) throwing line much tighter looking for short and if I see a receiver break open, I might go deep.

(maybe I'm going crazy, but is it now possible to read the defense as well, I can kind of see where will be open before the snap...)

It's easier to change short to deep than it is to go from deep to short imo.

I actually like the design that way, it feels a bit more realistic.

Since the change to the passing game, it also suits me more to have a less strong armed qb... Again, the passing path for weaker armed qb has more of an arc and you seem to be able to drop the ball in better.

The running game is a complete no go, which is a pity. My season stats for RB were something like 60 attempts for 90 yards! Happy to take tips on this aspect.

• Registered Users Posts: 465 ✭✭L.S.F

I am loving the new difficulty update, the joys of getting the first down is better than WR dodging a few tackle for their second or third TD of the game. Have 4 straight season of 14-2 with one Bowl win. Done that before update with no QB and after update got through to playoffs but lost in OT in wildcard game. Most wins were by just a few points and kicker becomes more important.

Have now a rookie QB and have to shuffle team around with cap. Audibles are apparently in the next update

• Registered Users Posts: 37,512 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

Timeouts and audibles now. Sweet!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,019 ✭✭✭✭StringerBell

The TOs' and audibles will be a welcome addition going forward. Also to be able to operate more than one save at a time.

I am on 8 bowls at this point in my original save. Have had 3 perfect seasons in a row now so gonna start again from scratch and try out some different teams. I was gonna stay with New England once I got the job there but saw for the achievements I still needed to win with an NFC team so took the 49ers and waited until I got offered the NE job again, took 3 seasons. I'll be staying with NE for the duration of that game when I dip in and out of it.

"People say ‘go with the flow’ but do you know what goes with the flow? Dead fish."

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 465 ✭✭L.S.F

Anyone still playing? Haven't been on it as much since the updates a month or two back but I think they are for the better. Have now gone two seasons without winning a Bowl on hard and enjoying it much more.

Advertisement