Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NXT UK Takeover: Dublin - Show finally cancelled

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 37,872 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

bennyl10 wrote: »
    What’s the capacity with the top fully closed?
    This may not be far off a sell out really

Particularly if they market right and put Finn anywhere on the card

Not sure but well over 8/9000 I'm guessing. Surely this could be the biggest NXT UK live show along with been the first international show for the brand

Think the May 2017 live event (Finns first Irish wwe show since he returned from injury) was the last wwe event here which had full capacity. The last few I attended had the upper tiers minus Block L curtained off

• Registered Users Posts: 1,929 ✭✭✭raven136

Tickets got in the pre sale
    Cant wait

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Wayward987

Anyone have a presale link I could use? Thanks

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,426 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

I'm not putting people off, as I understand a lot of people might not be able to do the Monday morning ticket thing.

I will say pre-sales tend to only have a very few number of "great" seats available and a smattering of good seats. It's not a full release, and at this point, IF YOU CAN, you might have better luck on Monday morning getting better seats.

(Personal tactic is to wait till the full sale starts, refresh madly at 9am, and then choose the best priced tier seats. I think I'm at 7 or 8 shows in a row now where I've got the center tiered seats, about 10-13 rows back, which I feel is the best view in the house. Mind, this show will likely be a different set up for those in the front row, in terms of different railings and probably a lesser number of little kids).

Not hearing anything back from TM about the refund

I'll try and get something for the ticket nearer the time hopefully

Think we will get Walter vs Finn at takeover Tampa and not in Dublin sadly. What would be cool would be Imperium vs Finn and 3 others in Dublin

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,820 ✭✭✭grames_bond

Lord TSC wrote: »
    I will say pre-sales tend to only have a very few number of "great" seats available and a smattering of good seats. It's not a full release, and at this point, IF YOU CAN, you might have better luck on Monday morning getting better seats.

Three get 10% allocation - with the set up and sections cornered off id say the capacity will be set to 6,000 max

So at most they get 600 seats...BUT they get 10% of each individual section so a smattering of tickets around the arena...hence why they have very few ringside and itll be far easier Monday morning

• Registered Users Posts: 7,724 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

Does anyone reckon there’s much capacity at the €28 ticket range? Trying to figure exact numbers out atm and probably wont be ready for Monday morning but hoping later in the week would still be okay

• Registered Users Posts: 3,732 ✭✭✭Reganio 2

Got tickets sorted. Woner what the seating plan will be like.. row G shouldn't be too shabby I'd hope

• Registered Users Posts: 393 ✭✭Gaw_

They've updated the seating map. Floor sections A and E now gone.

Gaw_ wrote: »
    They've updated the seating map. Floor sections A and E now gone.

19876s.jpg

Got my orginal ticket cancelled but would be nice of TM to email me to say so :D:D. The 24hr cooling period is a good scheme. Seat i have now is a very good view and im looking forward to the event. Coronavirus may be the biggest heel i this

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2 kingofportonia

Don't suppose anyone has a presale code they'd be willing to share that they're not using?

Don't suppose anyone has a presale code they'd be willing to share that they're not using?

Used mine

Had a look at what's left for curiosity and theres feck all really and your better off waiting for the public sale in the morning. Cant see it selling out tbh and theres always tickets for stuff like this appearing here and there for sale through Toutless

Block G, Row 15.

Usually get Block D in the same row. usually they charge full whack, but there doesn't seem to be any tiered seats for the full price?

So same view I usually would get, but off at a slight angle, and cheaper.

Looks like tickets are flying though.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,211 ✭✭✭LineOfBeauty

Love it, got Block G row 25. The price of the tickets made it a no brainer, should be a fun show.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,724 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

Looks like tickets are flying though.

Got my 4 instantly, had a gawk then now to see if any closer ones came up just for a look, can't get 4 in the €28 range anyway atm

• Registered Users Posts: 5,511 ✭✭✭bennyl10

Ringside seems to be all gone anyway,
    And not many of the 40/20left

As only lower tiers are open selling the majority of Thsi would be fantastic!

• Registered Users Posts: 950 ✭✭✭nasty_crash

Floor seats were gone straight away - and tiered tickets were gone for 1 to 20 from c to f. Doesnt look like its fully open as there is no 28 euro tickets showing now so looking like its only half open!

I got block c row 20 so it will be good view and a bit of craic!

So they’re put the map where you can choose seats on Ticketmaster.
    Block A and B have barely sold, but everything else seems to be sold quite well!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,178 ✭✭✭✭B.A._Baracus

Guess I will be the one to say it, but corona has now hit ireland with it's first reported case. This show is just under 8 weeks away. NJPW has already started to cancel shows due to it as Japan have been getting cases.

There is a possibility this will get cancelled.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,758 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

I say there will be a high chance it'll get cancelled.

• Advertisement

Maybe. Possibly. Probably.

But fact is, until it's cancelled, it's not. Rather wait and deal with that if it happens.

Guess I will be the one to say it, but corona has now hit ireland with it's first reported case. This show is just under 8 weeks away. NJPW has already started to cancel shows due to it as Japan have been getting cases.

Possibility, but I don't think high possibility
    Japan has almost a thousand cases,
    Apart from Italy Europe isn't there yet,

Paddys day will be cancelled alright, to stop initial spread but 8 weeks done the line, coming into May? should be okay

• Registered Users Posts: 11,178 ✭✭✭✭B.A._Baracus

Loughc wrote: »
    I say there will be a high chance it'll get cancelled.

Agreed.
    Maybe. Possibly. Probably.

But fact is, until it's cancelled, it's not. Rather wait and deal with that if it happens.

True. If it does get cancelled people will get a refund. I view it as a chance the show might go ahead right now.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,758 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

bennyl10 wrote: »
    Possibility, but I don't think high possibility
    Japan has almost a thousand cases,
    Apart from Italy Europe isn't there yet,

Ireland has had 2 confirmed cases. Both in high populated areas so there will be a knock on effect from that.

True point tho, in 4 weeks this will probably be a thing of the past and WWE wouldn't need to pull it until a few days before.

Ireland has had 2 confirmed cases. Both in high populated areas so there will be a knock on effect from that.

True point tho, in 4 weeks this will probably be a thing of the past and WWE wouldn't need to pull it until a few days before.

Like even today If we have a large event ban, it’ll be 3/4 weeks and reviewed

Should be well okay by april

Hope so.

Got Trevor Noah in the 02 in 3 weeks, have a trip to London in 5 and now this is about 8.

A travel ban or event ban would be a real downer :P

People reselling tickets for this already

Hopefully the TV tapings goes ahead next weekend as I think there the last til Dublin

• Registered Users Posts: 28,836 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Sure just throw down a few soaking mats and it'll be grand

I wonder are ringside seats mostly for VIPs/family & friends etc with only a small few put on sale

The hard cam and commentary tables will have to take up a bit of the space down there too. Gorilla might even go here too

looking back at a few old pics of past WWE 3arena shows and the pics below are from a SD live event Nov 2017 with the back rows curtained off similar to what will be at this event

88100915_10157358158109372_6428808199427588096_o.jpg?_nc_cat=105&_nc_sid=8024bb&_nc_oc=AQmf7ap7KEvUMlRo_IS5y9Dm-O8I_DbvzMYVcVO0H_I4Eo29hWE3V1eB2hK1FuXi2qo&_nc_ht=scontent-dub4-1.xx&_nc_tp=6&oh=55349847106924c954f29b56197c9b33&oe=5E820847

88108975_10157358158124372_2101847112219099136_o.jpg?_nc_cat=101&_nc_sid=8024bb&_nc_oc=AQn0E21f4378mWaB3fxI-nCRW5XzuX1A-aWluXHNGCtUO9tHIxqwVn4Fuhmxvhiso9o&_nc_ht=scontent-dub4-1.xx&_nc_tp=6&oh=943c5a4622dd8848206843b0f3aba4ad&oe=5E81EEA4

• Advertisement

Given they seem to have removed two sections of seats at the front, I'd imagine the stage will be further forward than usual, with gorilla taking up the space between where the stage is and usually would be.

Advertisement