Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Flickr fraught situation

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,324 ✭✭✭keps

I’m happy to pay 65 euros to Flickr annually

I enjoy the occasional pint of Guinness

Flickr gives me unlimited storage plus access to its
    groups(I use a lot of the wildlife ones) for the price of a pint a month

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,713 ✭✭✭✭thebaz

keps wrote: »

I agree Flickr its the best online photo site - be a shame to see it go - much better than 500px - and the groups and feedback are the best out ther in my opinion

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,246 ✭✭✭TomSweeney

keps wrote: »

The point is it's rise in prices won't slow down.

2 years ago it was $25
    last year $50 ... now it's $70 ....

so long term it's not a solution, they have their users by the balls, people afraid to leave, in 5 years it will be $200 a year ...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,702 ✭✭✭DaireQuinlan

TomSweeney wrote: »
    The point is it's rise in prices won't slow down.

2 years ago it was $25
    last year $50 ... now it's $70 ....

so long term it's not a solution, they have their users by the balls, people afraid to leave, in 5 years it will be $200 a year ...

Luckily that whole thing about boiling frogs was a complete myth
    https://www.theatlantic.com/technology/archive/2006/09/the-boiled-frog-myth-stop-the-lying-now/7446/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,246 ✭✭✭TomSweeney

What are you talking about ??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,713 ✭✭✭✭thebaz

getting really worried for Flickr - ther obviously having financial issues since Smug Mug bought them - they are now pushing customers hard to buy a year and 2 year in advance , and saying if you dont you will be forced into monthly more expensive subscriptions to still avail of Pro - I bought for a year in Novemeber - but seams a real mess right now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,324 ✭✭✭keps

thebaz wrote: »
    getting really worried for Flickr - ther obviously having financial issues since Smug Mug bought them - they are now pushing customers hard to buy a year and 2 year in advance , and saying if you dont you will be forced into monthly more expensive subscriptions to still avail of Pro - I bought for a year in Novemeber - but seams a real mess right now.

MMM that doesn't sound too good - I have paid up for a year.

Lost a load of images when Pixie disappeared off the scene- so don't want a repeat

It seems physical back up is the only other 'safety net' - but then again a 1TB hard drive I had stuff stored on failed recently - but thankfully the local IT shop was able to recover the 'lost' data - but a new hard drive was required ( 100 euro )and a 60 euro fee

Advertisement