Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

05-12-2019, 20:53   #16
AndrewJRenko

Quote:
Originally Posted by zell12 View Post
It's not a huge leap to assume that this is indeed some degree of response to the fair old battering that AGS has got on Twitter over recent months.
Thanks from:
Advertisement
05-12-2019, 20:55   #17
Wishbone Ash

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pinch Flat View Post
Had the same at Loretto on the green. Sometimes triple parking there - one in the parking pace, one in the bike lane and one outside that again. Ther could be a line of 6 - 10 cars parked in the bike lane? Eleven when there were spaces free. Lot handier you just put the car on the indicators and abandon it.

When a girl got clipped by a car when overtaking this in front of me a few years ago, I got onto the school, DCC and the gardai. The guard I was swapping emails with pretty much admitted it was unenforceable. Still goes on to this day. No punishment, no sanction, no change.
My daughter attends that school and Mrs WA is on the Management Committee. The issue of illegal parking is regularly discussed and all parents have been notified about it several times. There is only so much the school can do as it's not their property. The Gardai do occasional token enforcement when pressurised but as soon as they go, it's back to square one again.
(2) thanks from:
05-12-2019, 21:56   #18
Heebie

Quote:
Originally Posted by zell12
You can write to the Supt in the local station and highlight same. You can also contact councillors to bring it up at your Council's Joint Policing Committee meeting.
If you do this, have photos and/or video to show them, preferably including number plates.
05-12-2019, 22:21   #19
zell12

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndrewJRenko View Post
It's not a huge leap to assume that this is indeed some degree of response to the fair old battering that AGS has got on Twitter over recent months.
Agree. The terms 'parked illegally' and 'vulnerable road users' is a giveaway imo
Thanks from:
05-12-2019, 22:24   #20
Atlantic Dawn

Always check what's on the tax disc before reporting it as 'illegally parked', otherwise you would be completely wasting your time
Advertisement
06-12-2019, 09:23   #21
Effects

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atlantic Dawn View Post
Always check what's on the tax disc before reporting it as 'illegally parked'
I reported a car with tax disc 24 months out of date, no insurance, no NCT and the Gardai don't bother doing anything.

I've a neighbour who has been banned from driving, so clearly won't have insurance, who still drives everywhere, most of the time she's drunk.
The Gardai say they'd have to catch her in the act. Just not bothered with her either.
(3) thanks from:
06-12-2019, 09:29   #22
is_that_so

There's a daily external abuse of footpaths at DART stations, Portmarnock is notorious. I think cycle lanes and the new cycling law is in the same boat, indifference to it unless someone is seen to be flouting it and the Garda are in the mood to do something. If they can barely be bother to nail cars in bus lanes, not a hope on cycle lanes
Thanks from:
06-12-2019, 09:57   #23
AndrewJRenko

Quote:
Always check what's on the tax disc before reporting it as 'illegally parked', otherwise you would be completely wasting your time
Why?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Effects View Post
I've a neighbour who has been banned from driving, so clearly won't have insurance, who still drives everywhere, most of the time she's drunk.
The Gardai say they'd have to catch her in the act. Just not bothered with her either.
I wonder what happens if you have video evidence of her driving?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Always Tired View Post
Theyll do fookin nuttin.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Effects View Post
I reported a car with tax disc 24 months out of date, no insurance, no NCT and the Gardai don't bother doing anything.
Quote:
Originally Posted by is_that_so View Post
indifference to it unless someone is seen to be flouting it and the Garda are in the mood to do something. If they can barely be bother to nail cars in bus lanes, not a hope on cycle lanes
Relax the cacks, lads. They're on the case.

https://twitter.com/dlrcc/status/1202598679661731840
06-12-2019, 10:04   #24
Lucifer

Send a message via ICQ to Lucifer
Advertisement
06-12-2019, 10:06   #25

I called the Gardai a few months ago about a drunk driver who had crashed into two cars in our estate (he was still in the car driving around at time of call). They told me straight out they didnt have the manpower to send a car at that time. Didn't ask me for the reg and didn't say they'd send someone out when they could.

Last week a neighbours house was broken into whilst they lay asleep upstairs. They woke up to find 2 laptops and the family car gone They rang the Gardai who sent someone out at 4pm that day more than 10 hrs after the call was made.

If they can't be bothered with this stuff what difference do you think a call about a car in a cycle lane is going to make?
06-12-2019, 10:30   #26

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucifer View Post
What an unbelievable bellend. Does cyclists like myself no favours.
06-12-2019, 11:02   #27
Seth Brundle
Error: 404 Personality Not Found

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eamonnator View Post
^^^^^^
A modern fairytale.
...but one without a "happy ever after" ending
07-12-2019, 11:36   #28
Wishbone Ash

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by AndrewJRenko View Post
Why?......
I think he/she means it may be a Garda/state vehicle. In such vehicles, there will be a 'normal' tax disc but it will show €0.00.
(2) thanks from:
07-12-2019, 11:51   #29
AndrewJRenko

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wishbone Ash View Post
I think he/she means it may be a Garda/state vehicle. In such vehicles, there will be a 'normal' tax disc but it will show €0.00.
Good to know, thanks.
12-12-2019, 15:06   #30
Seth Brundle
Error: 404 Personality Not Found

While our force relies on people spending money on physical media to hand over digital recordings as evidence, West Midlands Police show how easily it can be done if there is the will to do so...

https://twitter.com/WMPTIU/status/1205101051289968641
(3) thanks from:

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion