Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NFL 2019-20 Superbru Pickem Pool

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 45,433 ✭✭✭✭thomond2006

3-10 in Week 10. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 8,599 ✭✭✭ScrubsfanChris

Enjoy this too. I’m a respectable 90/58 on the season but lack of additional points for predicting margins of victory has me in the mid teens on the leaderboard.
    Same here. Got a good win/loss record but the bonus points for score predictions are killing me :pac:

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 25,580 Mod ✭✭✭✭Podge_irl

I have the (joint) most correct predictions and the lowest TDM somehow, but yeah the margins are where I'm falling down.

After last night's matches, I just copped that I'm up to 2nd in Ireland:eek:

The country leaderboards don't factor in the bonus points as they differ depending on who else gets predictions correct in your pool obviously. Alchemist is 2nd in our pool / 3rd in Ireland while Tripper is 6th in both as all others between 2nd and 6th have better bonus points than him/her.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,155 ✭✭✭The_Honeybadger

After last night's matches, I just copped that I'm up to 2nd in Ireland:eek:

The country leaderboards don't factor in the bonus points as they differ depending on who else gets predictions correct in your pool obviously. Alchemist is 2nd in our pool / 3rd in Ireland while Tripper is 6th in both as all others between 2nd and 6th have better bonus points than him/her.

Fair play that’s some good picking

• Advertisement

496090.JPG

$hifty has a 10 point lead with three weeks left.

Regained the top spot in Ireland after losing it a few weeks ago. Just outside top 50 in the world after a bit of a horror show a couple of weeks ago. I'm also second in one of the random pools that I joined at the start for the craic.......your man ahead of me is first in the world.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,969 ✭✭✭✭alchemist33

I was only four points behind a week or two ago, but you made some bold moves, going for a lot of away teams, last week and it paid off. With our pool practically won, hopefully you get best in Ireland or even better!

Edit: hadn't realised I was 3rd in Ireland at one stage. Jaysus

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 25,580 Mod ✭✭✭✭Podge_irl

4 from 4 last weekend is pretty impressive.

• Advertisement

Edit: hadn't realised I was 3rd in Ireland at one stage. Jaysus

You're currently 4th. ;)

@Podge: Had a feeling the Pats weren't gonna do the job. Going for all 4 home teams this week.

$hifty now leading by 12.

• Registered Users Posts: 160 ✭✭Realalemadrid

3rd in both this pool and Ireland - anything for a podium finish?

$hifty now leading by 12.

Only got one post-season result wrong out of ten (feckin Ravens), which sees me nearly 14pts clear at the top of the Boards pool. I'm 1.75pts clear of the 2nd placed Irish team, so simply picking the winner in the big game should hopefully see me top that league as well........also into the top 32 in the world, with a chance of top 15 if I can get the margin of victory correct (so 49ers to win by 10 :pac:)
    In previous years many participants pledged to donate €20 to a chosen charity of the winner.
    At the start, I said I was gonna pick dogs trust as my charity, then changed it to Temple St and hummed and hawed over the two of them.

So, tell you what.........I'm gonna throw them each a tenner anyway. For anyone that pledged a donation, just send your €20 to whoever you would have picked had you won, and that'll do me. Might do more good if its spread around anyway.

Cheers for organising this Thomond, can't believe I did so well in the end.

Well done $hifty! A very impressive season.

If you're happy with a donation to everyone's personal charity that sounds good.

My screenshot will follow later.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

Fair play Shifty! Went with Temple st myself.

Proof: https://i.imgur.com/dFdLA4Y.png

• Registered Users Posts: 3,636 ✭✭✭phatkev

Only got one post-season result wrong out of ten (feckin Ravens), which sees me nearly 14pts clear at the top of the Boards pool. I'm 1.75pts clear of the 2nd placed Irish team, so simply picking the winner in the big game should hopefully see me top that league as well........also into the top 32 in the world, with a chance of top 15 if I can get the margin of victory correct (so 49ers to win by 10 :pac:)

At the start, I said I was gonna pick dogs trust as my charity, then changed it to Temple St and hummed and hawed over the two of them.

So, tell you what.........I'm gonna throw them each a tenner anyway. For anyone that pledged a donation, just send your €20 to whoever you would have picked had you won, and that'll do me. Might do more good if its spread around anyway.

Cheers for organising this Thomond, can't believe I did so well in the end.

Congrats $hifty, I'm happy to give to Temple St
    73GzOzD.png?1

• Registered Users Posts: 160 ✭✭Realalemadrid

Well done $hifty - Donation Done. Roll on the XFL pick-em.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,969 ✭✭✭✭alchemist33

Congratulations $hifty on a comprehensive win. And I'm very happy with my 2nd place.

I went Temple St too; screenshot attached

Apologies all, I only just realised I never sent a donation.

Here we go: https://imgur.com/a/ZbhYOfF

• Advertisement
Advertisement