Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

26-01-2018, 18:32   #16
eagle eye

I think it'll fail and I'm not a fan of Vince McMahon so I don't really care about it.
Advertisement
26-01-2018, 20:36   #17

After watching the press conference as soon as he said he wants fan input I thought to myself typical WWE going to fail miserably again
26-01-2018, 20:38   #18

One thing also is half the sh1t they used to allow in the XFL will be frowned upon and with the whole CTE thing any player with sense wont join it unless they are just in it for the money and care less about their safety. Some of the hits in the XFL were brutal back then nevermind comparing them to todays standards.
29-01-2018, 16:16   #19
ELM327

There's a market for "real football" in the states.
I was watching a youtube video about the greatest superbowl QBS and the throw and pass they used for at least 1 qb would not have been a catch today. There's too much DPI called today, too much holding, and too much personal foul calls.

If they strip it back to real unadulterated football there will be a market for it. I only started really watching in the late 90's/early 00's and the game has changed so much since then, I can only imagine what someone watching from the 70s-80s would think.
Thanks from:
30-01-2018, 02:00   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by ELM327 View Post
There's a market for "real football" in the states.
I was watching a youtube video about the greatest superbowl QBS and the throw and pass they used for at least 1 qb would not have been a catch today. There's too much DPI called today, too much holding, and too much personal foul calls.
The problem with the NFL is not the rules themselves but the inconsistency of them. Well except for a few of the rules. But Personal Foul rules are there for many reason the main one being Player Safety and I believe the refs are not strict enough on some of them.

Quote:
If they strip it back to real unadulterated football there will be a market for it. I only started really watching in the late 90's/early 00's and the game has changed so much since then, I can only imagine what someone watching from the 70s-80s would think.
That will never happen. As fun as the big hits were to watch the game has changed for a reason. Players are bigger and faster than they have ever been and that speed and power turns these guys into missiles when tackling and I can tell you if they ever stripped the rules back to the way it was we wont have to wait for CTE to kill players there will eventually be serious injuries on the field if not death especially if you allow head to head contact or strip it back to where spearing was allowed. You have to draw the line and sometimes that means changing how the game is played.
Thanks from:
Advertisement
05-06-2018, 20:13   #21
Loughc

Some XFL news

Quote:
Hockeyinformer.com

On Tuesday, the XFL announced who will be their Commissioner and CEO.

The official XFL account posted the following tweet today, naming Oliver Luck the official Commissioner and CEO of the XFL.

https://twitter.com/xfl2020/status/1003994263388975105
05-06-2018, 23:05   #22
eagle eye

I'd watch the CFL before I'd watch that. I hope it fails miserably.
05-06-2018, 23:23   #23
Loughc

Quote:
Originally Posted by eagle eye View Post
I’ll be watching the CFL this year to see if Johnny Manziel does anything there. And to bridge the gap to the regular season.

I hope BT sports will continue to air the CFL.
05-06-2018, 23:57   #24
Guffy

Quote:
Why?
Advertisement
06-06-2018, 00:25   #25
eagle eye

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guffy
Why?

Because this is about making money, no love for football from the owner.
06-06-2018, 02:18   #26
nerd69

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guffy
Why?

You mean like every professional football league
06-06-2018, 15:12   #27

Quote:
You really should have said because it will probably be **** like it was before.
(3) thanks from:
06-06-2018, 15:14   #28
Loughc

Quote:
Originally Posted by TOss Sweep View Post
You really should have said because it will probably be **** like it was before.
The thing is after week 1 the original XFL had some decent football games, the problem was the production and everything inbetween the plays.
06-06-2018, 18:13   #29
notobtuse

I just don’t see the XLF being anything more than a low viewership curiosity.  I watched the XLF fail the first time.  Arena football is inconsequential.  NFL Europe was a bust.  Canadian football gets little traction in the US.  Even the Legends Football League, with their beautiful women, skimpy uniforms and hard hits, is pretty much is unheard of.  The NFL and NCAAF is where it’s at in our hearts and minds and will remain dominant in the US... casting out all upstarts or relegating them to obscurity.
Thanks from:
07-01-2020, 00:44   #30
SHOVELLER

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion