This forum is for the discussion of pro wrestling
Before we lay down the ground rules, allow me to welcome you aboard to Pro Wrestling. We like to talk about it, we really like to watch it, and we like to have fun related to the subject as well as get some serious discussion and debate on it. However, if you can't play nice, you can't play at all! So please bear this in mind before you start posting.
1. If you are going to post spoilers, etc - please title your thread with "Show name - spoilers". To use spoiler tags in a post, type the spoiler in between [spoiler ] and [/spoiler ], without the spaces. With regard to PPV spoilers, please refrain from posting untagged results or anything pertaining to the PPV until at least the following wednesday after a PPV. Some people do not get to see PPVs live and wait a day or two. So to be fair to all, use spoiler tags, no matter what thread it is. Zero tolerance here folks. Any PPV spoilers, no matter how accidental, will be met with an immediate 10 day ban. Recurring offences will see the ban going longer. If you see something you consider to be a spoiler, please report it. The mods will deal with it from there.
1b. you can talk about spoilers at midnight the day afterwards a show is first aired on Irish TV. If in doubt, spoiler tag as summarised here
2. You may link to videos on youtube.com/etc. But please make sure they are relevant to wrestling - and not vaguely related to wrestling (some kid playing with toys, etc) ALL video links must be posted in the relevant video thread. Video links posted elsewhere will be deleted or moved at the Mod's digression.
3. No txt speak– come on people most of us do have a good command of English, so stop giving everyone a headache trying to decipher txt speak. 3 strike rule applies on this one. 3rd strike and its a ban.
4. All Irish organisation upcoming cards/results to be placed into the relevant sticky. Discussions can take place in normal threads, Touring promotions like AWR are considered an exception to this rule.
5. Personal attacks on users will not be tolerated - you will get an immediate and indefinite ban. This includes
- Disrespectful posts, trolling, flaming, spamming, and aggressive behaviour will lead to a warning and/or a ban.
- Muppetry in any shape or form will not be tolerated.
- Posts which are made purely to get a rise out of another user will result in a ban. No exceptions.
- Posters who abuse personally others will be banned. This includes insulting another user, making fun of them for something they post or do in real life, etc.. Attack the post, not the poster.
6. Any rumours/news must be posted with a credit - if you can copy and paste a news story, you can copy and paste the url of the site you took it from.
7. Any arguments about anything that border on a slanderous or libellous nature will not be tolerated. If you are using facts in an argument - please give details of where you got them from.
8. Back-seat Modding - There is to be no back-seat modding. If you see a post that you feel may break the forum charter, report it.
9. Arguing with a moderator - Do not argue with a moderator in a thread after they have given a warning or a ban etc. If you have an issue with a moderator's action then PM the mod in question. They will discuss it with you. You can then, if unsatisfied with the PM route, take things to Feedback.
10. No links to torrents, etc will be allowed..
11. Any non wrestling threads (e.g wrestling is ghey) will be moved to the fail thread and the thread starter will be booed, mocked and jeered, then will receive a ban
12. Off Topic - Dragging a thread off topic will result in a warning. Doing so repeatedly will result in a ban. Plain and simple. Just use the OTB thread. If you think another thread can be spawned from a current one, quote it and begin the new thread.
13. Reporting Posts - Any thread or post that contravenes the charter should be reported. When reporting a post, make sure you have good reason. Someone disagreeing with you is not a troll, not all arguments are abusive etc. Do not reply to the post, simply report it and the moderators will deal with it.
14. New 3 strike rule. If you get 3 infractions/warnings in the space of a month, it is an automatic 10 day ban. Similarly, if you receive 3 bans in 6 months, it is perma ban time.
15. Advertising your wares is not allowed. Place an ad on adverts.ie (boards' sister site) and link it to your signature.
16. Schill accounts will be immediately be banned. This is a discussion forum, not a place to schill your wares. By this I mean coming in to post only on one topic in which you can gain ie plugging an event, DVD, magazine etc. Exceptions on this have been made for the various Irish promotions reps.
17. Please do not quote pictures, videos, or more than a few lines of text, as a courtesy to other boardsies. At their discretion, mods will edit out these quotes to keep the flow of the thread.