Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Donald Trump Presidency discussion Thread VII (threadbanned users listed in OP)

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,713 ✭✭✭Gods Gift

We now have so much ammunition we don’t know what to do with it.

Shoot the virus.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,144 ✭✭✭✭Water John

His fear of losing the election shows through when he's irked. It's all about that, to him.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,638 ✭✭✭✭Mental Mickey

He just throws out soundbites, and bad-mouths anyone that doesn't agree with him

• Subscribers Posts: 41,078 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

Thepoet85 wrote: »
    I've read that the journalists take turns on missing a day each, to help with social distancing.

Apart from OAN......

They don't abide by the rules

• Registered Users Posts: 14,048 ✭✭✭✭StringerBell

RINO

Republican in Name Only.

Yeah, what they called Trump when he was running for the nomination, which is what he is.

"People say ‘go with the flow’ but do you know what goes with the flow? Dead fish."

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,048 ✭✭✭✭StringerBell

sydthebeat wrote: »
    Apart from OAN......

They don't abide by the rules

You don't have to when your personally invites by the white house press secretary sure. Nothing at all wrong with that of course.

"People say ‘go with the flow’ but do you know what goes with the flow? Dead fish."

Like nobody has ever seen

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,664 ✭✭✭sid waddell

Trump's key words tonight have been "the Democrats should not be allowed win the election."

Believe him when he tells you what he's going to do.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,144 ✭✭✭✭Water John

Yes he let that slip out. That's his core issue. He's rattled. Was very bad tonight.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,923 ✭✭✭✭BonnieSituation

"I believe in the Constitution. More than some people."

He's cracked.
    Trump's key words tonight have been "the Democrats should not be allowed win the election."

Believe him when he tells you what he's going to do.

Nothing to see here.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 20,648 CMod ✭✭✭✭amdublin

I've just come in on the last 5 minutes. Missed all the tantrums.

Has he left all together??? He's not missed tbh. Coherent sentences are nice to hear. What a treat.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 20,648 CMod ✭✭✭✭amdublin

Aww that was cute from Dr Birx. And smart! They have not been out of the house. And no one goes in. Do you hear that America?!

"Successful", "Brilliant", "the BEST", "Excellent job", "Good job", "Fantastic job", "INCREDIBLE job" blah blah

Rinse and repeat

Pointless.

They are phrases I often hear from U.S. managers when they are trying their damnedest to stab you in the back, so no surprise he uses them.

• Registered Users Posts: 53,907 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

Anyone see the video of Trump refusing to let Dr Fauci answer the question on Hydroxychloroquin? It's quite disturbing and Trump knows full well what the answer will be by Dr Fauci and goes against his narrative....

My heart goes out to Dr Fauci what ****e he has to put up with is ridiculous

This is ridiculous:

https://twitter.com/atrupar/status/1247311711570399233

Birx getting visibly annoyed at at DJT.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,323 ✭✭✭✭kowloon

Like nobody has ever seen

Like you wouldn't believe.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,541 ✭✭✭✭Kermit.de.frog

No link dumps and rants please.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,161 ✭✭✭✭duploelabs

Headshot wrote: »
    Anyone see the video of Trump refusing to let Dr Fauci answer the question on Hydroxychloroquin? It's quite disturbing and Trump knows full well what the answer will be by Dr Fauci and goes against his narrative....

My heart goes out to Dr Fauci what ****e he has to put up with is ridiculous

Article here

https://www.washingtonpost.com/nation/2020/04/06/coronavirus-fauci-trumpdrugs/

• Registered Users Posts: 11,554 ✭✭✭✭aloyisious

Kermit.de.frog.

What I would like done is for reporters to visit/contact the O/C of the Naval Force [the boss just down the corridor] and ask him one single question:did the Captain meet with him and discuss the outbreak of the virus on the carrier before he sent off the offending letter/email. If the boss fails to answer that one question, publicize that fact.

If he confirms that the Captain did meet and discuss the virus outbreak with him before he sent off the letter/email, publicize that fact. Let the facts fall as they are and show who are the truth-tellers.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,638 ✭✭✭✭Mental Mickey

Just seen that clip of Dr. Birx. Trump really is an idiot and not fit for the job.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,067 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

I'm seeing the comments here on the press conference. I'm not watching them myself.

But from what I see here, people are saying it's getting worse. Is that really the case?

• Registered Users Posts: 33,293 ✭✭✭✭Penn

everlast75 wrote: »
    I'm seeing the comments here on the press conference. I'm not watching them myself.

But from what I see here, people are saying it's getting worse. Is that really the case?

From the clips I saw this morning of it, his main thing last night was talking over the reporters and asking them why don't they ever ask their questions in a more positive way, like "Your administration is doing a great job so far getting ventilators and PPE to the hospitals, but will this be increasing?"

There was also a female Asian reporter there from a newspaper in Hong Kong who when she tried asking a question, he repeatedly asked her does she work for China and is the newspaper she works for owned by the State (it isn't).

So hard to say whether it was better or worse than any of his previous briefings recently.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,171 ✭✭✭EltonJohn69

Penn wrote: »
    From the clips I saw this morning of it, his main thing last night was talking over the reporters and asking them why don't they ever ask their questions in a more positive way, like "Your administration is doing a great job so far getting ventilators and PPE to the hospitals, but will this be increasing?"

There was also a female Asian reporter there from a newspaper in Hong Kong who when she tried asking a question, he repeatedly asked her does she work for China and is the newspaper she works for owned by the State (it isn't).

So hard to say whether it was better or worse than any of his previous briefings recently.

He seemed highly agitated, like he was on a stimulant..... dr. Brix answered a question and was so calm in contrast... then Trump resumed and was full of vitriol... I keep watching expecting he is going to go completely over the edge

everlast75 wrote: »

Penn wrote: »

I've watched a few now this week after giving them a break.

They are definitely getting worse.

He's overstepping the mark more than normal and appearing way more unhinged.

Several times last night it seemed like he was gonna lose it.

I think when Florida and Louisiana start to really motor along we'll see the meltdown.

• Moderators, Politics Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 15,080 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quin_Dub

I've watched a few now this week after giving them a break.

They are definitely getting worse.

He's overstepping the mark more than normal and appearing way more unhinged.

Several times last night it seemed like he was gonna lose it.

I think when Florida and Louisiana start to really motor along we'll see the meltdown.

That will be the tipping point for his support.

So far the worst hit areas are by and large Blue state and his base can hide behind a "That's what happens when you let the leftists run things!!" defence.

When some of the solid Red states start to really get hit with this stuff his incompetency and that of the GOP Governors** will burn through their support levels pretty quickly.

**The Governor of Mississippi took time out yesterday to sign a proclamation declaring April "Confederate History Month"

• Registered Users Posts: 2,185 ✭✭✭Tchaikovsky

I like how one of the snippet videos on Twitter from last night said that he referenced Joe Biden and didn't resort to insulting him. That's how low the standards, and bar, have sunk.

I like how one of the snippet videos on Twitter from last night said that he referenced Joe Biden and didn't resort to insulting him. That's how low the standards, and bar, have sunk.

That's the fear. Once he stops insulting you, you know that he's given up thinking he can beat you straight up.

So now you have to ask, what has he got in store?

I hate going down the conspiracy road, but Trump always hides everything in plain sight.

So, references to defending the constitution and being its biggest believer to the "Dems shouldn't be allowed win the election" to the positive spin on Biden. Something's cooking.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,161 ✭✭✭✭duploelabs

I think what's so amazing at how far this has come, you have a snake oil salesman, peddling his miracle cure, at a podium.

Seth Myres said it right that we're about to see Jared stand up professing all the health benefits of hydroxychloroquine and for Trump to turn around and say 'well thank you good stranger, well we've never met each other in our lives before have we?'

• Registered Users Posts: 33,293 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Stephanie Grisham out as Press Secretary
    https://edition.cnn.com/2020/04/07/politics/stephanie-grisham-press-secretary-briefing-melania-trump/index.html

Unlike Sean Spicer and Sarah Huckabee Sanders, it's hard to remember Grisham. Mainly because she held no briefings during her time.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 37,465 CMod ✭✭✭✭ancapailldorcha

Please do not just dump links here. A post has been deleted.

We sat again for an hour and a half discussing maps and figures and always getting back to that most damnable creation of the perverted ingenuity of man - the County of Tyrone.

H. H. Asquith

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement