Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Distribution Box

Options
  • 06-04-2020 9:25am
    Registered Users Posts: 176 ✭✭

I have a 9 way distribution box and I'm using Cat5e for the wiring of 7 cameras. Have you any pictures of tidy installations or suggestions on how to lay the wiring out? Some of the cat5 wires are going to the distribution box and some are going to the baluns and onto a DVR so I would like to avoid a mess of wires.
    Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,326 ✭✭✭alta stare

I have a 9 way distribution box and I'm using Cat5e for the wiring of 7 cameras. Have you any pictures of tidy installations or suggestions on how to lay the wiring out? Some of the cat5 wires are going to the distribution box and some are going to the baluns and onto a DVR so I would like to avoid a mess of wires.
    Thanks

I presume by distribution box you are referring to a 9 channel power supply? If so how far away is the power supply from the DVR?

You could pair down the outer sleeving of the cat 5 enough to where you can split the power cores from the video cores. Then use small cable ties to create a loom on both bunches of cables.

Advertisement