Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

any radio stations not talking about this situation

• 03-04-2020 7:46pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,523 ✭✭✭

I love having the radio on pottering in the shed and doing jobs but its hard to get away from this disaster.
    are there any stations operation a policy of not talking about this , even a time slot without it.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 69,555 ✭✭✭✭L1011

Every Irish station is obliged to carry news and current affairs content to a very high %, much of which is network news which will be covering this.

If you want presented radio not discussing it, learn Turkmen - its probably the only country that won't be discussing it (as they've banned talking about it!) Otherwise you need to listen to music only radio; pick one of the millions of stations online.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,523 ✭✭✭the_pen_turner

I don't mean the news.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,532 ✭✭✭✭HeidiHeidi

Lyric FM.

Or any of the music stations.

• Registered Users Posts: 252 ✭✭theparish

Check out radio garden app best thing since sliced bread

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,523 ✭✭✭the_pen_turner

HeidiHeidi wrote: »
    Lyric FM.

Or any of the music stations.

im trying to kill bordem not drive me over the edge

• Advertisement

im trying to kill bordem not drive me over the edge

To be fair, there's not a lot else happening in the world right now to be talking about, if it's talk radio you want.

Maybe investigate some podcasts?

• Registered Users Posts: 18 The 90s Network

Yep.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 955 ✭✭✭mountai

RTE Gold

RTÈ Gold or Classic Country 1630 on the Internet for me. I just take in the news once a day at 6pm, it’s more than enough!

Classic Hits.

I'm a demon for news. I drive a lot and listen primarily to RTE1 or Newstalk. I reached saturation point with 'this situation' and switched 90% of the time.

• Advertisement

I'm a demon for news. I drive a lot and listen primarily to RTE1 or Newstalk. I reached saturation point with 'this situation' and switched 90% of the time.
    Exactly the same here. Complete overload at this stage (and we're only at the start).

Lyric is my saviour.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 Pirate Fm

88.1 in Dublin

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 69,555 ✭✭✭✭L1011

Classic Hits.

Two Niall Boylans a day would drive most people over the edge even if they didn't want borderline current affairs!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,320 ✭✭✭davo2001

WBAA Jazz (US station on TuneIn) is a good station for some easy listening / relaxing jazz. No news on it.

L1011 wrote: »
    Two Niall Boylans a day would drive most people over the edge even if they didn't want borderline current affairs!

I wouldn't recommend any station 24/7, but CH at breakfast time and other times is a tonic.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,067 ✭✭✭✭fryup

RTE Gold do a simulcast on radio 1 at the weekends 2 - 6 pm

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,862 ✭✭✭un5byh7sqpd2x0

L1011 wrote: »
    Every Irish station is obliged to carry news and current affairs content to a very high %, much of which is network news which will be covering this.

No they’re not. Throw on RTE Gold OP

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,644 ✭✭✭RINO87

Lyric has been a great escape for me from all of this - they barely mention it, but may not be everyones cup of tea, as was said.

FIP Paris plays a hugely varied selection of music too. They have been my go to when I cant think of anything to put on for a long time.
    Its 99% music with the odd new bulletin, but if you don't speak french then you can remain blissfully unaware!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 494 ✭✭Billgirlylegs

How about Audiobooks.

i have a similar outlook.

love pottering around and listen to the radio but aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaagggggggghhhhh.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,883 ✭✭✭standardg60

Pirate Fm wrote: »
    88.1 in Dublin

All been listening to this in work for the last two weeks.
    Best station ever!
    Are you responsible for it?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,176 ✭✭✭Declan A Walsh

Best station ever!

It's not the only pirate station of an oldies-orientation.

You also have Retro FM on 92.0 - weekends only largely - plays oldies. Sometimes involved with joint broadcasts with 94.3, 99.3 and 1395kh.

There is 94.3 - intermittently over the week but especially over weeknights and weekends. Mainly broadcasting as All 80s ('80s pop music) but often involved in joint broadcasts with others, especially 1395 hk and 99.3.

There is 99.3 which relays whatever is on 1395kh. Weekends only.

There is Easy Radio on 105.2 - evenings and all weekend - love songs, mainly oldies.

Last but not least, there is Energy Power AM on 1395kh Medum Wave - weekends only - plays oldies. As mentioned, it is often involved in joint broadcasts.

They are all mentioned in the Bandscan Thread.

88.1 in Dublin

any stream?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,934 ✭✭✭JDxtra

do these guys have a loose schedule at all? Have tried a good few times this week on live radio (usually between 10 and 1), but not getting anything.

Thanks

RINO87 wrote: »
    do these guys have a loose schedule at all? Have tried a good few times this week on live radio (usually between 10 and 1), but not getting anything.

Thanks

Not sure what the problem is there, Always online and on FM

If live radio doesn’t work for you try
    Piratefmdublin.com

Best station ever!

Yes that’s us, Glad to hear you’re enjoying it

Thanks

Piratefmdublin.com

Thanks

Pirate FM and many other stations, besides, are available on Radio Garden.

http://radio.garden

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,320 ✭✭✭davo2001

anyway to play it on alexa or sonos?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,934 ✭✭✭JDxtra

davo2001 wrote: »
    anyway to play it on alexa or sonos?

A little effort, but you can add a custom station to Sonos using the app (https://support.sonos.com/s/article/260).

Piratefmdublin.com

Meant to come back to this.... Will not work on my work laptop (connected to a private VPN, maybe the word "Pirate" in there is blocking it)

Anyway, all loud and clear on liveradio on an android box on my own network and its really enjoyable! Thanks.

There are tonnes of stations both home and abroad on:
    http://radio.garden

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,883 ✭✭✭standardg60

Yes that’s us, Glad to hear you’re enjoying it

Cool, enjoying everything but particularly the odd Roses, Oasis or New Order tune. Any chance of some more 90's indie stuff? Charlatans, Ride, James, Shed Seven etc?

Funny how we all still love the stuff that originally got us into music!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,067 ✭✭✭✭fryup

from 7pm onwards RTE1 doesn't

fryup wrote: »
    from 7pm onwards RTE1 doesn't

One of those programs that does not mention Covid-19 is on right now: The Classic Rock Hour with John Kenny.

• Advertisement
Advertisement