Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Replace Mira Elite 2

• 24-11-2019 1:36pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 337 ✭✭

Hi,

Has anyone had to replace a Mira Elite 2, it’s given up on us but has been there since we moved in. Problem is that the tiling job was done around the shower so unless there’s a unit out there with the same shape of bigger I’m looking at a bigger job.

Any help appreciated

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,156 ✭✭✭✭Sleeper12

The mira Elite Qt is the closest in size. It's almost, but not quite, identical. The downside is that it is one of the worst Pumped electric showers ever.

There is a new Mira Elite launching in January. If you can wait that long it would be best

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 337 ✭✭hotshots85

Sleeper12 wrote: »
    The mira Elite Qt is the closest in size. It's almost, but not quite, identical. The downside is that it is one of the worst Pumped electric showers ever.

There is a new Mira Elite launching in January. If you can wait that long it would be best

They unit is not tiled behind, so looks like I’ll get the wall classed if I wanted to put in a Triton T90sr. Add to that the Mira is very close to the right hand shower wall.

Firstly, is it cladding, then shower if I need to move the connections or tear down, shower piping, cladding, then actually fit? What extra am I liking at for moving the connection.?

hotshots85 wrote:
    Firstly, is it cladding, then shower if I need to move the connections or tear down, shower piping, cladding, then actually fit? What extra am I liking at for moving the connection.?

I'm not really catching what you are saying there. I don't know if you are planning on us a professional installer or not.

If mira is tight to the right hand wall then the pipe & cable needs to be moved a few inches to the left. It's best to move pipe and cable, then tile & last of all install the shower.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 337 ✭✭hotshots85

I'm not really catching what you are saying there. I don't know if you are planning on us a professional installer or not.

If mira is tight to the right hand wall then the pipe & cable needs to be moved a few inches to the left. It's best to move pipe and cable, then tile & last of all install the shower.

Ah definitely a professional, so I suppose then it would be two trips by the installer?

hotshots85 wrote:
    Ah definitely a professional, so I suppose then it would be two trips by the installer?

Depends on the installer. It is possible to move the pipe & cable after it has been tile

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,786 ✭✭✭Bawnmore

Apologies for latching on to this thread, but it's fairly relevant I guess. We've an old Mira Elite 2 as well and will be replacing it soon. It's location is fine and there are no tiles behind it. Does it matter in that case what brand we replace it with? Is it much of a muchness for a shower fitter?

Bawnmore wrote:
    Apologies for latching on to this thread, but it's fairly relevant I guess. We've an old Mira Elite 2 as well and will be replacing it soon. It's location is fine and there are no tiles behind it. Does it matter in that case what brand we replace it with? Is it much of a muchness for a shower fitter?

The current mira Elite Qt is a lemon. I would wait until the new year for the new Mira Elite or install the Triton t90sr now.

Not having tiles behind the mira will void the warranty because you will need to silicon around it and you are not supposed silicone around any electric shower

Triton T90sr is tried & tested quality shower. The new Mira Elite launching in a few weeks is an unknown entity. Has to be better than the current model but still unproven

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 379 ✭✭popa smurf

I need a replacement for my mira elite is a mira vie a different shower

popa smurf wrote: »
    I need a replacement for my mira elite is a mira vie a different shower

The mira vie is a mains fed shower & won't work with your setup. It won't work very well in a lot of Ireland even with the correct pipework as our water pressure is quite poor.

You need to look out for the Mira Elite SE or the Triton T90SR. These are pumped electric showers & are replacements for your old Mira Elite. You'll get either one of these installed in Dublin for under 350 euro & many shower repair companies are still operating for emergency work. If you only have one shower in the home & it's not working it's classed as an emergency.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 379 ✭✭popa smurf

The mira vie is a mains fed shower & won't work with your setup. It won't work very well in a lot of Ireland even with the correct pipework as our water pressure is quite poor.

You need to look out for the Mira Elite SE or the Triton T90SR. These are pumped electric showers & are replacements for your old Mira Elite. You'll get either one of these installed in Dublin for under 350 euro & many shower repair companies are still operating for emergency work. If you only have one shower in the home & it's not working it's classed as an emergency.
    Thank you very much for your help much appreciated

• Advertisement
Advertisement