Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Driving other cars when under 25yo

Options
  • 28-03-2020 7:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

I know there are a lot of threads about this but all are a bit in the past and insurances policy's change. I am 22 and looking for a insurance company that offer third part extension / driving other cars for under 25's. I heard something about liberty doing something but their online policy document is not specific on the age. I have almost 4 years no claims bonus and drive a 2015 swift 1.2 petrol so not a hard car to insure. I'm hoping someone might help me that know about any companies or know more about liberty and their policy on their third party extension.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 73,382 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

I would assume they will want to avoid people insuring a Swift, say, but daily driving an Altezza or whatever.
    Not saying that’s the case here, but that’s the reason you’ll find it hard to get.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,154 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

Looks like Liberty might...
    https://www.libertyinsurance.ie/help-centre/am-i-insured-to-drive-other-vehicles

If it's a other car you are wanting to drive on occasions it could be worth going the route of adding you as a named driver to the policy on that car, could in fact give a discount to the owner of the other car adding you as a driver.

Advertisement