Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Exterior wall paint problem

• 25-03-2020 10:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 37

Hi there

We painted our outside perimeter walls 3 years ago. Unfortunately despite using good paint (colour trend) after about 10 months it started peeling of the caps and walls. I need to redo them badly but was wondering how should I prep them or if this even works? Any ideas would be appreciated. I’ve uploaded photos so you can see what I mean.

TIA

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,090 ✭✭✭dok_golf

Can't see any photos but it doesn't matter how good the paint is on ultra smooth surfaces. Get a powerful power washed. jet the bejaysus out of the wall. Buy a decent exterior paint, Sandtex, Weathershield or fleetwood. Add the appropriate amount of E-B ( Owatrol Emulsa Bond) to the first coat and paint as normal from there on.

• Registered Users Posts: 37 AineM2013

Thanks for that, I’ve just uploaded the photos. The option wasn’t there last night

dok_golf wrote: »
    Can't see any photos but it doesn't matter how good the paint is on ultra smooth surfaces. Get a powerful power washed. jet the bejaysus out of the wall. Buy a decent exterior paint, Sandtex, Weathershield or fleetwood. Add the appropriate amount of E-B ( Owatrol Emulsa Bond) to the first coat and paint as normal from there on.

It kept saying photos were too big to upload. The original paint was colour trend brand. I asked them to mix the colour in Sandtex paint. Hoping that the colour will be similar even though different brand, the bloke in the shop said it would be anyway. Thanks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,644 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

AineM2013 wrote: »
    It kept saying photos were too big to upload. The original paint was colour trend brand. I asked them to mix the colour in Sandtex paint. Hoping that the colour will be similar even though different brand, the bloke in the shop said it would be anyway. Thanks

Use image re sizer app or send on WhatsApp then use photo from WhatsApp or even screenshot it.... That tends to be less so will fit on here.

AineM2013 wrote: »
    Hi there

We painted our outside perimeter walls 3 years ago. Unfortunately despite using good paint (colour trend) after about 10 months it started peeling of the caps and walls. I need to redo them badly but was wondering how should I prep them or if this even works? Any ideas would be appreciated. I’ve uploaded photos so you can see what I mean.

TIA

Please see attached photos

• Advertisement
Advertisement