Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Best quality/wearing paint brand - Colourtrend Soft Sheen?

• 17-03-2020 11:10pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,323 ✭✭✭

I'm looking to paint a new attic conversion and hallway. The house is a new build and the paint seems very poor quality, easy to mark and trying to wash off or patch marks just rubs off the paint or the patch doesn't blend in at all. With young kids we're looking for an easy to clean, robust paint. We'd like to chose a quality paint that we can then continue using in the rest of the house. It looks like a branded paint is the best idea, so something like Crown, Delux, Johnstone or Colourtrend. My research seems to indicate that Colourtrend Soft Sheen would be the best of that lot.

Does anyone have any experience of Colourtrend Soft Sheen? Or Colourtrend? Am I way off in my initial research? F&B seem to be poor value and not higher quality than Colourtrend from what I can tell.

I was going to prime the fresh plaster with Colourtrend Prime 4.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,818 ✭✭✭jlm29

I have colourtrend ceramic Matt in my hallway, and I’ve found it great. Washes really well. I think it’s up 2 years now and it looks like new.

I’d recommend Colourtrend, especially the ones with ceramic in them. It’s excellent paint and easy to work with. I’ve also painted furniture (a Welsh Dresser and bookcases, bedroom furniture etc) with Colourtrend Eggshell.

Hard wearing, easy to clean.

Also, I’ve got great advice and good service from their local agent. Which is worth a bit to me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,090 ✭✭✭dok_golf

Any Colourtrend of Fleetwood Ceramic matt. fleetwood is better and cheaper. Crown TRADE also has a good one called Clean Extreme. Best one available is Tikkurila Optiva 5

Just in relation to the new plaster. There is a superb one called Bagar Prim. It will prevent mapping unlike some others

• Registered Users Posts: 712 ✭✭✭chancer12

Thinking of painting the mahogany surround of my fireplace so would need a paint that can be washed/wiped. Would Colourtrend be the best option? Would like a matt finish if possible. thanks

• Advertisement

Adhesion primer, shellac primer followed by 2 coats Helmi 10 or Intact 8

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,323 ✭✭✭OfflerCrocGod

Well thanks to the lockdown it looks like I'll have to use Colourtrend Prime 4 for the priming as my local shop (it's still doing click and collect orders) doesn't sell either Bagar Prim or Tikkurila Optiva Primer. Well I'll try and use them in future decorating I do as they seem well rated.

Advertisement