Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best unsalted butter alternative?

Options
  • 27-02-2020 5:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,954 ✭✭✭

I have a recipe for raw vegan cookie dough balls I got from the states that has either Earth Balance or Faba Butter as the butter equivalent. Neither are available here. Besides grabbing a tub of Flora, what is the closest people have found to real butter?

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,082 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

I think naturli block in dunnes is the best butter.

For baking etc the gold stork is vegan and is commonly used by everybody.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,954 ✭✭✭mp3guy

While I'm at it, any recommendation for vegan chocolate chips?

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,082 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

aldi and lidl have them, tesco dumbo dr oetker chips too

• Registered Users Posts: 610 ✭✭✭JustMe,K

I love Naturli, but don't find it good for baking, much prefer Flora or Stork. Naturli seems to melt really quickly so it might be ok for a raw recipe as its not being baked, but I suspect the end product would fall apart if not stored in the fridge, based on the fact that the spreadable version just melts away if its left out of the fridge for any length of time!

Advertisement