Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

23-02-2020, 09:25   #1
gmisk

Gay teachers ousted USA

https://www.advocate.com/religion/20...ers-are-ousted
Pretty sad that crap like this still goes on, the Catholic Church really don't do themselves any favours.
Thanks from:
Advertisement
23-02-2020, 22:39   #2
lottpaul

Unfortunately stories like this regularly crop up for Catholic schools in the States. There are similar from public and private Protestant schools too. Employment law seems to vary a lot from state to state but schools seem to be able to hire and fire with particular ease.
In this case the rank hypocrisy for me is that the church/school authorities pick and choose what constitutes living "a lifestyle compatible with Catholic teaching." Do divorcees get fired? Adulterers? (using church terminology!) Not to mention e.g. tax cheats and spouse/child beaters who have actually broken civil and criminal law?
I'm a bit out of the loop and not sure what the similar situation is in Ireland but it's not too long since church management had the same powers here. That may have changed, but if it has it's pretty recent.
(2) thanks from:
23-02-2020, 22:58   #3
Ten of Swords

Quote:
Originally Posted by lottpaul View Post
I'm a bit out of the loop and not sure what the similar situation is in Ireland but it's not too long since church management had the same powers here. That may have changed, but if it has it's pretty recent.
https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/show...php?p=97955466
Thanks from:

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion

Share Tweet