Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

23-01-2019, 17:14   #1
Hedgecutter

Research paper class room Vs on line. What to use Anova test

I carrying out a research paper comparing campus student Vs online learning. This is not an academic paper its just and trial run to show us what researching for a thesis will be like.

I have carried out a t test on the ages of both groups. ill do the same in regards the pass rate between online and classroom learning.

My question is, id like to use an anova test in this paper, but not sure how to what data to look at. I would like to analysis the pass rate between class room and online. How would i group data in minitab

any ideas out there

Last edited by Hedgecutter; 23-01-2019 at 17:25.
Thanks from:
Advertisement
25-01-2019, 17:36   #2
Black Swan
Category Moderator

Welcome to our Researcher forum Hedgecutter. We need a bit more information before we can suggest approaches to your analysis of data. For example:
  • Where does your data come from? Is it primary data that you collected, or secondary data collected by others?
  • How many subjects in your population: N=? In your sample: n=?
  • Is your data statistically representative of a population, or not?
  • Is it sample data or census data or big data of some sort? If sample data, was the significance level at p<.05?
  • How was the data collected? By accessing a secondary data base, or by paper surveys (mailed or passed out to subjects, or?), or by online survey, or what?
  • If survey research, how many subjects were sent the survey, or were available to access the survey, and how many completed and returned the survey?
  • If sampling, was it simple random, or systemic random, or convenience sample, or what?

Others reading this OP and post may add additional questions to help our OP.
12-03-2019, 17:39   #3
sullivlo

What is your target demographic?
How will you recruit participants?
How will data be collected/compiled?
Thanks from:
17-03-2019, 06:09   #4
RoamingDoc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hedgecutter View Post
id like to use an anova test in this paper, but not sure how to what data to look at.
Sorry OP, this approach isn't correct.

You decide the hypothesis you're trying to test then, in consideration of the data you have, the appropriate statistical test is selected.

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion