Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Parcel Motel Paris Version

Options
  • 11-10-2019 7:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,512 ✭✭✭

I'd be going to Paris for a wknd. And I was looking to buy some electronic products online retailers in France. However they only deliver in France, so thought this could be the perfect opportunity. I was wondering is there any parcel motel alternatives in Paris. Where I can collect my posts. I'll be staying possiblly in a hostel so can't really get it delivered there.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,716 ✭✭✭CelticRambler

Yes. https://www.pickup.fr/ is one example.

However, before signing up, check the delivery options on the site you're buying from. Many of them offer a drop-off service at a local retailer, supermarket or post office. Much better than Parcel Motel, as they'll usually hang on to the package for longer, and at no cost (especially if you contact them directly and let them know you're delayed for some reason). If I'm travelling around France for work, and placing orders with an unhelpful "2-5 days" delivery window, I'll get them sent to one of these collection points ahead of my arrival. Never had any problems ... but not every retailer (e.g. eBay) offers the choice.

Mr.S wrote: »
    Poste Restante - collect at any French post-office.

Not usually offered as a delivery option from French retailers, and many post-offices these days have limited opening hours. Much better to have it delivered to a supermarket that's open at lunchtime and until 7:30, 8 or even 9 in the evening.

@OP - if you let me know the name of the retailer you're buying from, I'll let you know if I've used any of their drop-off points.

Mr.S wrote: »
    It doesn't need a delivery option from the retailer - you just get it delivered to your local (or any) post-office and mark it as Poste Restante:

Your name
    Poste Restante
    Post Office Address

And go pick it up and pay a nominal collection fee.

I think he'd find that the fee in France is far from nominal ... Besides, why pay a supplementary fee for "home delivery" to a Post Office with limited opening hours when the retailer will probably give you a discount for delivery to a convenient collection point ...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,512 ✭✭✭Take Your Pants Off

Thanks guys, I really appreciate it

Advertisement