Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Antique Book Question

Options
  • 19-09-2019 9:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 470 ✭✭

Hello Folks.

I found this old book from 1878 in my attic. There is a womans signature on the first page... Mary Babbage signed 1879. Now I could be wrong with the surname as it was rubbed off a little bit by some one. Can any-one make the surname out?. Maybe it can be read with some digital computer software?

Not sure if this is worth anything but it is old. The name of the book is called...
    ARIADNE. The Story Of A Dream. By OUIDA, Picture's below. It say's New Edition, London. Chatto And Windus Piccadilly 1878. It seems that the woman mentioned above signed the book 1 year after it was published. A new edition from 1878, what do you think folk's, is it worth anything at all?. I know that a first edition would be expensive, but I'm not sure on this one.

Thank's for any replies

Oort.

Individual people have different thoughts and understanding in regard to others opinions, but the problem is this... there are some people out there that will do everything in their power to cut you off when they do not like your opinion even when it is truth.

https://youtu.be/v8EseBe4eIU

Comments

Advertisement