Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Advise on loose dado rail

Options
  • 04-04-2018 12:30pm

Hello..I am looking for advice on how to fix a dado rail..Its over the radiator..I know now the screw should have been near where the two pieces join..It looked fine until the radiator was on all the time..The secion is a bout 5 foot long..I would prefer not to find screws,and take off,and put it on again...Any way I could do a job on it,while its in place..I was thinking a small drill hole through the wood,and then a nail,get it below the wood,and cover up,as I did with all the screw heads..

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 33,692 ✭✭✭✭listermint

Your dado rail has been broken for a whole year ?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,220 ✭✭✭✭Lex Luthor

maybe do what you are doing with the idea of a nail but use plasterboard screws instead
    Drill a hole through the dado, then drill a bigger hole a couple of mm deep just bigger than the diameter of the screw head
    Screw the screw into the wood and then into wall with the screw heard just going below the surface of the dado, fill and paint

• Registered Users Posts: 9,555 ✭✭✭antiskeptic

Hello..I am looking for advice on how to fix a dado rail..Its over the radiator..I know now the screw should have been near where the two pieces join..It looked fine until the radiator was on all the time..The secion is a bout 5 foot long..I would prefer not to find screws,and take off,and put it on again...Any way I could do a job on it,while its in place..I was thinking a small drill hole through the wood,and then a nail,get it below the wood,and cover up,as I did with all the screw heads..

Prise it away from the wall without pulling it loose, squirt some MS11/TEC7 down the gap from above and below. Lean something heavy against it, some chairs with weight on them, a book case, whatever. Wipe excess clear (there won't be much if you get it deep down and don't go over the top). Wait a day then remove. You won't need any nails

listermint wrote: »
    Your dado rail has been broken for a whole year ?

No lol..I was trying to delete that old post..I just ended up making a new blank post..😅

• Advertisement
Advertisement