Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HKC alarm can I zone off panic

Options
  • 12-11-2007 3:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 700 ✭✭✭

Hi I have HKC alarm and woul like to know if I can disable/zone off the panic alarm in the bedroom for a couple of months.

thanks

Garyh3

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,058 ✭✭✭Jnealon

You will need the engineer code to inhibit this zone. You could also short the zone out either at thr panel or the panic button.
    It has been known that kids love to press these, in that case place some duck tape over it

• Registered Users Posts: 700 ✭✭✭garyh3

thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 4 needhamd

How do you inhibit the code please if you have the engineer code?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,220 ✭✭✭✭Lex Luthor

the engineer code allows you into the menu structure that gives you options for doing many things including selecting zones to inhibit them

Maybe google what the default factory eng code is for the alarm type you have and try that?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,610 ✭✭✭stoneill

Jnealon wrote: »
    You will need the engineer code to inhibit this zone. You could also short the zone out either at thr panel or the panic button.
    It has been known that kids love to press these, in that case place some duck tape over it

Do you need to place a resistor in the panel if shorting zone?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,220 ✭✭✭✭Lex Luthor

stoneill wrote: »
    Do you need to place a resistor in the panel if shorting zone?

you could just open the panic button and short it there

Advertisement