Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

does anyone know what this is?

Options
  • 13-10-2019 8:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 19

yes I know it's a sub board, but has anyone seen anything like this before

ibb.co/dLZmhT1

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,605 ✭✭✭gctest50

The fuse on the left is marked "Water Pump"

It was probanly installed when the pump was installed/replaced/upgraded

• Registered Users Posts: 19 lostman666

gctest50 wrote: »
    The fuse on the left is marked "Water Pump"

It was probanly installed when the pump was installed/replaced/upgraded

ya I saw that but, I'm still lost as there is no pump as far know in the house. but the meter is the main issue I suppose and there is another meter in the house alongside another board, could the house possible have 2 meters?

• Registered Users Posts: 827 ✭✭✭autumnalcore

lostman666 wrote: »
    ya I saw that but, I'm still lost as there is no pump as far know in the house. but the meter is the main issue I suppose and there is another meter in the house alongside another board, could the house possible have 2 meters?

Judging by the age of the board and the number of kwh, its either a low wattage, low usage pump e.g. well pump or it wasn't connected very long.

It would probably have cost more to install it than was ever spent on electricity. And XX times as much in standing charges if it was billed as a separate connection. No ESB tag on the meter is it still sealed?

• Registered Users Posts: 19 lostman666

Judging by the age of the board and the number of kwh, its either a low wattage, low usage pump e.g. well pump or it wasn't connected very long.

It would probably have cost more to install it than was ever spent on electricity. And XX times as much in standing charges if it was billed as a separate connection. No ESB tag on the meter is it still sealed?

I'm afraid I wont be able to shed much additional info, but I was at open house at the weekend that's coming up for auction, it's been vacant for the last few years due to the owners bad health and after a recent incident the house is being got rid of. anyway the house is only meters from the main road and has mains water, so I cant imagine it ever had a well pump. I only saw this set up as I was walking through the house I didn't see any seals and the auctioneer seemed clueless towards what it was about

• Registered Users Posts: 4,931 ✭✭✭dingding

Looks like the meter was manufactured in 89

• Advertisement
Advertisement