Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Some selections/tips "nicked" from elsewhere

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,268 ✭✭✭del roy

Glad to see you have returned!

Thanks Dan
    Hopefully a few good nights in the pub out of the few winners coming our way.

Like these threads or not at least they provide some sort of entertainment.

Today’s stuff

1.15 Albert Edward 1pt ew. 14/1

5.30 Vivacious spirit 1pt ew. 16/1

8.35 magi gal 2pts win. 5/1

• Registered Users Posts: 922 ✭✭✭Unknownability

Del, Are you still following at the previous stake levels?

Del, Are you still following at the previous stake levels?

No mate €10 per point for me for now. :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,208 ✭✭✭LuasSimon

Nice place in Dundalk , not far off winning

Yes Simon but it was win only for me. A loss of 6 pts

Bank +22pts

• Advertisement

Ayr 1.25 Top buck 1 pt e/w 12/1

Catterick 2.25 Optio 1pt e/w 10/1

4.40 Kaloor 2pts win 11/2

Three from Meehans yard all "expected to run well today".

I don't want this horse to win and everyone jump up and down about it but here is what the trainer/jockey have to say about

4.35 Raaeq
    Raaeq is the nicest two-year-old we've had for several years. He's very good and ran an excellent first race at Salisbury when despite being very green he finished fast. Should win today. Trainer B.Meehan

He has a nice pedigree, being by Kingman, and ran a very nice race first time out, so I expect him to go very well.
    John Gosden trains Haqeeqy for Sheikh Hamdan’s daughter, but she is having her first run, so I have decided to side with the experience of Raaeq and expect him to build on that encouraging first run. Jockey J.Crowley

It is just a little too short for me at 5/2 plus the fact I don't not rate Crowley that highly.

Ayr 1.25 Top buck 1 pt e/w 12/1

Catterick 2.25 Optio 1pt e/w 10/1

4.40 Kaloor 2pts win 11/2

Three from Meehans yard all "expected to run well today".

Awful runs from the selections yesterday.

3.45 Local affair 3pts win 7/4

Ran really well first time out, trainer says he has improved since and should be hard to beat today.

Bank +13pts

The last four runners all ran stinkers heres hoping for much better this week.

Fairyhouse 6.45 Cosmic Horizon 2pts e/w 9/1

There is rain due tomorrow and if it hits Fairyhouse a few of the horses shorter in the market will drift.

Cosmic has raced 13 times however has only run twice with soft in the description, finishing 2nd in both races.There is a few quid for her at this early stage.
    I will point out that one of the soft ground races she finished 2nd in was at Galway, a totally different track than Fairyhouse however she races at 1m2f for only the second time in her career (btn nse when 9/4f when last tried the 1m2f).
    Throw in, ZUENOON who beat him in that Galway race is currently rated 100 and managed to run 2nd to MADHMOON.
    I do acknowledge that some horses will improve much more than others but if there is no messing tomorrow surely Cosmic has a great e/w chance.

Good luck.

8.00 Uncle Jerry 1pt e/w 18/1 4 places 1/5 odds powers if your quick

Uncle Jerry runs off a mark of 74 with the jockey taking a further 5LB. He is back at Kempton where he has run really well everytime he has raced there.
    He has raced 17 times on the alweather resulting in

2... wins
    5... 2nds
    6... 3rds

here at Kempton his form is

12Apr19.....Kem C43yHc 6K 6f St/Slw 8-13 b 8/10 btn 2¼L Probability 9-4 14/1 G Rooke7 84 26 81
    30Mar19.....Kem C43yHc 6K 6f St/Slw 9-6 b 3/12 btn 1L Probability 9-0 4/1 S W Kelly 84 64 86
    05Jan19.....Kem C43yHc 6K 6f St/Slw 9-5 b 2/5 btn shd Xtara 8-12 9/2 S W Kelly 81 41 85
    14Dec18....Kem C42yHc 6K 6f St/Slw 8-13 b 3/5 btn ½L Shining Armor 9-2 8/1 G Rooke7 80 36 83
    23Nov18....Kem C32yHc 9K 7f St/Slw 8-13 b 4/7 btn 6L Private Rocket 9-2 12/1 G Rooke7 82 67 73
    26Oct18....Kem C42yHc 6K 7f St/Slw 8-7 b1 1/9 by 1¼L Ginger Fox 9-4 8/1 N Currie3 65 64 73

** the race he finished 4th in was a class 3 handicap where the winner was rated 78, the 2nd rated 82 and 3rd rated 83.
    Tomorrow evening race a class 5,the three top rated horses tomorrow evening are rated 75 albeit lightly raced 3yr olds so could improve.

Formly trained by Richard Hughs, the stable have booked his 5LB claimer to ride it tomorrow evening.
    The horse clearly likes it around there so 18/1 looks biggish to me.

Jerry has halved in price now 9/1 best you can get so here's hoping.

• Advertisement

Bank +12pts
    Uncle Jerry grabbed 3rd to leave just a 1pt loss.

4.10 ideal candy 1pt e/w 20/1 powers 3places 1/4 odds

There are 4 non runners and powers are still standing firm on Ideal Candy at 20/1, that's quite big considering like UNCLE JERRY yesterday the filly runs very consistently at Beverley.
    She seems to run on most ground and the stables last two runners have won.

20/1 just too big to ignore.

NON RUNNER

7.00 padura brave 2pts e/w 12/1

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Notch

del roy wrote: »
    Bank +12pts
    Uncle Jerry grabbed 3rd to leave just a 1pt loss.
    This should be a 1.4pt loss right? That's what I got back anyway.

Notch wrote: »

Notch
    I will get back to you on exact amount I got back, think it was around 3.85ish

I try round it off fairly with the swings and roundabout but point taken I will do warts n all.

Notch wrote: »

Notch
    I have checked and you are correct I mistakenly thought my out lay was 5pts instead of 6pts for the day.

So the back is now

Bank +11.6pts

Can I just let people know I am following a site where they are firm believers in trainers/horses being creatures of habit so basically they look at horses who have run well at previous visits to courses coming back to race there. Obviously it would be of huge benefit if

1. their handicap rating has dropped since their last visit to the course
    2. we can get some sort of insight form the trainer/yard about how they feel it will run.
    (some of the comments from trainers are public and others are on paid websites) for what there worth.

I agree there are loads of horses running everyday with the above criteria however we can't back all of them so horses with decent odds will be the order of the day.

7.00 padura brave 2pts e/w 12/1

PB has raced 6 times at Kempton resulting in form figures of 445311.
    She was rated 57 and 64 when winning, she run off 59 tonight.

I take on board the fav BASILISK is very lightly raced and could be well handicapped, also the Charlton yard are just over a virus so will be running "healthy horses" over the next few weeks.

However we are on at 12s and here is what the trainer thinks...

Mark Usher

I think Padura Brave could run well at a big price. I don’t think she got 10f at Lingfield last time. She’s won here before, is off a reasonable mark at the moment and has a good draw today. She’s not a ‘good thing’ by any means but she ticks too many boxes to be a 12-1 shot.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,122 ✭✭✭Imhof Tank

I notice you are now posting in the first person.

Thought it was your workmate Jerry aka "the Kid" who subscribed to those paid websites and he was just sharing his homework with you and few others to follow?? Or has he taken over the Delroy account and is now posting on here for himself?

By the way, I think there is something in the charter against copying and pasting stuff from elsewhere without attributing the source so maybe watch out for that and the thread title.

Bank 7.6pts

8.30 Bollihope 3pts win 9/2 laddies.

Lifetime flat form......45/051440658/4396115271D/355452378457/43-12433
    All-weather form....8439115735457431243

Form for current trainer....3-12433

course form is 47 however the trainer has at least got the horse to run consistently

jockey has ridden the horse twice...1st..2nd

Bank 4.6pts

This is gonna be a long thread if I can't get a 7/2 fav in the first four however it is early days.

5.20 escape the city 2pts win 4/1

5.30 ventura dragon 2pts win 11/2 powers.

• Advertisement

well that profit didn't last long,

Bank +.6pts

2.10 frankelio 2pts e/w 10/1 powers

3.40 Petrus 1pt e/w 40/1 8 places skybet 1/5 odds

Bank -5.4pts

Unfortunately I am still here but no bets today.

5.05 pads 2pts e/w 6/1

Pads is currently 0/34 and now 9yrs old.
    The reasons I am interested in Pads today are the course and the other horses in the race. With even more rain due to hit the course plus the fact that some of the others will not like the ground Pads should plod on at least for a place however with such a low weight he could outstay them all

Bank 9.4pts

Kempton 8.00 the warrior 2pts e/w 7/1

Although woefully out of form at the moment he has never ran in a 0/60 on the alweather before, his form for this course is quite decent....lifetime form at Kempton....349222412 mostly when rated in the low eighties or high seventies.

Bank -13.4pts

4.55 treaty of dingle 7/1 2pts e/w 3rd 6/1

Bank -12.4pts

15.05 Arthurian Fable 8/1 2pts e/w 3rd 13/2

Bank -11pts

5.30 bennys bridge 3/1 3pts win 1st 5/2
    Benny's Bridge has been flying at home and has won around here before. He needs the race to be run to suit and if they go a good gallop we are confident he will go close. Trainer.

8.30 the retriever 2pts e/w 15/2 unplaced
    Trainer says this will run well tonight

Bank -6pts

2.00 get on the yager 1pt e/w 25/1

Ok the jockey is unknown however the yard won the big handicap hurdle at Chepstow with a horse carrying a low weigh.
    the ground will be desperate and yager has raced three times on heavy ground resulting in form figures of 391.
    the horse he beat when he won ran 2nd in the Welsh Grand national off a mark of 144, 3m1f around Cheltenham will take some getting but this horse is weighed to be knocking around when they pass the line.
    Yager has had 18 races including his ptp races and has never fallen, he has never fallen (touch wood) he was pulled up in the scottish national when the going was good.

here is what the trainer thinks

Young Tristran Durrell rides Get On The Yager (2.00). He is getting a bit older but I am happy with him. Tristran can take 7lb off.

I don’t think he is badly handicapped but we are desperate to get a win next to his name as it’s been a while since he won the Rowland Meyrick. Hopefully he can have another day in the sun before too long.

Also
    4.50 inscribe 2pts e/w 10/1

3.35 ivilnoble 2pts e/w 18/1

• Advertisement

Bank -16pts

3.55 legal beagle 5/2 5pts win

Advertisement