Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

!!!!!!!!! Paula's World Record Gone !!!!!!!!

2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,059 ✭✭✭Sinbad_NI

Chivito550 wrote: »
    Flojo's 10.49 is significantly wind aided. It should not be counted. 10.61 is the time that should be used for comparison purposes.

Not sure 100m, men's or women's, is a good place to start comparing clean athletes!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 56,696 ✭✭✭✭walshb

Flojo's 10.49 is significantly wind aided. It should not be counted. 10.61 is the time that should be used for comparison purposes.

We don't know the readings.....

Is there any verifiable proof that she had a full on tailwind, and if so, its spreed; or maybe cross winds or even slight in your face winds during parts of the race.

Sinbad_NI wrote: »
    Not sure 100m, men's or women's, is a good place to start comparing clean athletes!

Bolt's 9.58 is clean....why not start here? Forget the ones slower. The fastest ever is clean...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,855 ✭✭✭✭average_runner

walshb wrote: »
    The farther the distances the closer the percentage differences between males and females, generally.

Flo jo was a low 10.5 runner I'd say. The wind meter in the U.S trials was an issue, but we cannot know for certain her true best time...

Next closest is the 400m time!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,695 ✭✭✭Chivito550

We don't know the readings.....

Is there any verifiable proof that she had a full on tailwind, and if so, its spreed; or maybe cross winds or even slight in your face winds during parts of the race.

The triple jump that took place at the same time had readings of +5.0.

It was a quarter final heat FFS. Common sense lad.

The triple jump that took place at the same time had readings of +5.0.

It was a quarter final heat FFS. Common sense lad.

Quarter final.........

What has this to do with it?

Carl Lewis ran his fastest ever time in a QF I believe. 1991 QF heats 100.

It too was wind aided.

So Kosgei standss out even more. What's your opinion on her?

That would make sense. For years we've heard people harping on about the longer the distance the closer the gap between men and women.

My personal opinion is these shoes are ruining marathon running.

She could be doping of course, but you could make allegations about great performances in any sport. Tennis anyone?

Quarter final.........

What has this to do with it?

Carl Lewis ran his fastest ever time in a QF I believe. 1991 QF heats 100.

It too was wind aided.

No athlete goes flat out in a national championship quarter final heat. Come on!

Nobody takes her 10.49 seriously. The clock malfunctioned. What odds she got a 0.0 (not even a 0.1 or a 0.2) at the same time the triple jumpers were getting 5.0.

Im afraid you're wasting your time arguing this one. Save your energy for something worth arguing over.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,855 ✭✭✭✭average_runner

That would make sense. For years we've heard people harping on about the longer the distance the closer the gap between men and women.

My personal opinion is these shoes are ruining marathon running.

She could be doping of course, but you could make allegations about great performances in any sport. Tennis anyone?

I agree I do think the shoes are ruining the marathon.

Don't want to bring another sport in here, they all have the same issues once money is on the table

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,059 ✭✭✭Sinbad_NI

Bolt's 9.58 is clean....why not start here? Forget the ones slower. The fastest ever is clean...

Just because he hasn't been caught doesn't make him clean.
    Association with Heredia casts a huge cloud.

No athlete goes flat out in a national championship quarter final heat. Come on!

Nobody takes her 10.49 seriously. The clock malfunctioned. What odds she got a 0.0 - not even a 0.1 or a 0.2) at the same time the triple jumpers were getting 5.0.

Im afraid you're wasting your time arguing this one. Save your energy for something worth arguing over.

I am not arguing it. I simply said that nobody knows the exact type wind conditions during that race......

Flo Jo legal wind at her best was probably a mid 10.5 runner.....

I also pointed out that very fast times don't always have to happen in finals. Plenty examples of very fast times in heats at championships....

And actually look at her in the race itself. She seemed to be going very flat out....so your claim that nobody goes flat out in a heat at a national championship seems spurious to me.....watch the race.

In other words, I am saying stuff that is true...

Sinbad_NI wrote: »
    Just because he hasn't been caught doesn't make him clean.
    Association with Heredia casts a huge cloud.

Around we go......

He is, to-date not a convicted athlete. I'll leave it there...

Advertisement