Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Power washer

• 02-05-2019 6:55am
    Registered Users Posts: 5

Hi All, An Aussie in Dublin trying to help my daughter and her Irish partner refurbish the garden of a house they just bought. It has a tiny courtyard walled backyard with old tired pavers and a front concrete wall, also dirty and old in appearance. Considering hiring a power washer or borrowing one to clean all of the above, but there is no outside taps. Where do you connect the hoses to...the kitchen tap? Not much pressure there and also no screw on connection. What is the normal method here, cheers and thanks
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 59 ✭✭CaptainCoPilot

If you are hiring one chances are it'll be petrol and will have the ability to suck the water out of a barrel, you could ask for this specifically. Then use something like a wheely bin to store the water. You can get connectors to connect a hose to a kitchen sink but its not ideal.

If you are handy the first project could be to install an outdoor tap.

• Registered Users Posts: 36 Shedmanstyle

Aldi were selling a powerwasher a few weeks ago for €99 and they are now reduced to €89 in some stores. I have one of these and they are fantastic. They could buy, use and keep, or buy use and sell on when finished with it. Cost of hiring one will be half that price anyway. It connects to a tap, but if you look at the spec. sheet it might well be capable of sucking it up from a barrel. I'd be surprised if it wasn't. Serious power in them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

Get the outside tap fitted first 50 quid well spent

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,906 ✭✭✭daheff

Get the outside tap fitted first 50 quid well spent

50 quid if you can do it yourself....good luck getting it done by a tradesman if you cant (unless you have other work for him at the time to make it worth his while)

• Registered Users Posts: 157 ✭✭loco-colo

Just saw this post now.
    If you have not done it yet and are in Dublin area give me a shout.
    I will drop over and blast it for you - Have a water butt / tank that I can bring.
    An hour would nail it from your description.
    No charge - No problem.

• Advertisement
Advertisement