Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hamster urinating

Options
  • 25-09-2019 10:43am
    Registered Users Posts: 37

Hi Guys hoping someone can help me on this one.

We have a hamster about 5weeks he is very friendly and doesn't have any issue's being handled.

We were away for the weekend and brought him and what appeared to be a creamy wee appeared at the box in the roof of his cage, we thought he might have been frightened. Cleaned it up and it didn't happen again.

He has now done it twice more in the last two days in his usual surroundings.

Should I be worried about this?

Thanks for any advice.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,497 ✭✭✭auspicious

I found this on a google search

Hamsters urine is Milky, kind of thick looking and smells very strong when they first go, without the substrate to soak it up. The first time I saw it I was also a little worried I always have my hamsters stay in their house for 30 mins or so after they wake before they come out , it really helps to cut down on the accidents in the ball.
    Erin.R is offline Reply With Quote
    Old 01-29-2015, 04:28 PM #3
    Flamestriker
    Hells Hamsters

Default Re: Milky Urine!?
    Hamster urine is milky and does smell. Hamsters will use their urine to scent mark, as they are scent oriented, and also if they are frightened. I have had hammies pee in my hands if they dont know me.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,834 ✭✭✭Captain Flaps

Have had 6 hamsters over the years, every single one of them did this, it's totally normal.

Advertisement