Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

11 Hours in Amman, Jordan

Options
  • 06-02-2019 3:21pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,226 ✭✭✭

I has a 11 hour layover in Amman Jordan. 4pm to 3am.

Any ideas on what to do to fill the time?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,431 ✭✭✭Mortelaro

If it's the only available royal Jordanian connection, you may qualify for free hotel accommodation
    It's the airport hotel a 5 minute walk from arrivals and is quite modern

https://www.rj.com/en/info-and-tips/our-hub-and-beyond/transit-accommodation

Going into the city is quite doable

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,226 ✭✭✭Credit Checker Moose

Already asked RJ and they say that the class of fare does not qualify for a free hotel. I got a very good price on the flights.

So really looking for advice about going into the city and wasting the time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 130 ✭✭Rashers Big Log

I has a 11 hour layover in Amman Jordan. 4pm to 3am.

Any ideas on what to do to fill the time?

Probably too late but if you’re still going make sure to eat here.
    https://migrationology.com/hashem-restaurant-amman/

It’s amazing

• Registered Users Posts: 8,579 ✭✭✭Tenzor07

Not directly answering the OP, however...

If you have a day in Amman, try get a decent Taxi/tour driver, go see the Transport museum, the Citadel, and try grab some food in Downtown Amman... I wouldn't take the local buses and try do your tour early mid-week as the city is generally gridlocked during the evenings, especially on a Friday when you can't even breath due to all the fumes from the congestion...

Advertisement