Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Jurassic World Evolution

Comments

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

If the game doesn't have a "sandbox" mode out of the gates like Cities Skylines or Planet Coaster, then they have utterly failed to understand what it is people want out of these sorts of games :D Please have a challenging story-mode or whatever, that's fine, but if there's no "we've removed all limitations, build your ideal fantasy dino park" play mode, then forget about it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,230 ✭✭✭jaxxx

Shiminay wrote: »
    If the game doesn't have a "sandbox" mode out of the gates like Cities Skylines or Planet Coaster, then they have utterly failed to understand what it is people want out of these sorts of games :D Please have a challenging story-mode or whatever, that's fine, but if there's no "we've removed all limitations, build your ideal fantasy dino park" play mode, then forget about it.

Isla Nublar/Site B confirmed ;)

jaxxx wrote: »
    Isla Nublar/Site B confirmed ;)

Some details:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,728 ✭✭✭✭TheValeyard

So going to build an awesome park filled with tourists

*click save*

RELEASE THE MEGA T-REX!!!!!

All eyes on Kursk. Slava Ukraini.

So going to build an awesome park filled with tourists

*click save*

RELEASE THE MEGA T-REX!!!!!

You can genetically modify a rex to be hyper aggressive by using modern animal DNA :D

June 12th cannot come quick enough!!

You can genetically modify a rex to be hyper aggressive by using modern animal DNA :D

June 12th cannot come quick enough!!

Speaking of, which path you guys thinking of going down? Science, entertainment or security? I'm thinking entertainment, milk them tourists for all they're worth :D

Speaking of, which path you guys thinking of going down? Science, entertainment or security? I'm thinking entertainment, milk them tourists for all they're worth :D

Tourist

I do hope they have a little statue prop to John Hammond (Richard Attenborough)

• Site Banned Posts: 1,765 ✭✭✭Pugzilla

I'm not getting my hopes up, business simulation/sandbox games designed for consoles tend to be crappy.

Tourist

I do hope they have a little statue prop to John Hammond (Richard Attenborough)

Very unlikely I would say. I remember from one of the past videos/streams that they mentioned that there wouldn't be any sort of focus on decoration like in Planet Coaster. In all the vids I've watched, I haven't seen a single bench or trash bin or anything like that. The paths have always been barren in that regard.

Nothing to do with the gameplay now but, seems that stores here aren't getting in the game on XB/PS4 until July, even though it's released on June 12th on Steam and the XB/PS4 online stores. I went into Smyths last week to see if they were getting in the deluxe edition on PS4 (they aren't seemingly, neither is Gamestop, same for XB too), and only the standard edition was being released.

• Advertisement

Very unlikely I would say. I remember from one of the past videos/streams that they mentioned that there wouldn't be any sort of focus on decoration like in Planet Coaster. In all the vids I've watched, I haven't seen a single bench or trash bin or anything like that. The paths have always been barren in that regard.

Nothing to do with the gameplay now but, seems that stores here aren't getting in the game on XB/PS4 until July, even though it's released on June 12th on Steam and the XB/PS4 online stores. I went into Smyths last week to see if they were getting in the deluxe edition on PS4 (they aren't seemingly, neither is Gamestop, same for XB too), and only the standard edition was being released.

Ahhh nooooo. Its the little props that make it.

Mod for that within first week i bet. Actually a mate of mine is on the dev team. Ill ask him.

Ahhh nooooo. Its the little props that make it.

Mod for that within first week i bet. Actually a mate of mine is on the dev team. Ill ask him.

Wow really? That's cool. If there's one thing specifially about the game that I really like (from an inner-child dino nerd perspective) is how many inter-family species they have. Average 3/4 per family I think (herbivores obviously). And we still don't have the full roster yet!

So, you can add trees n roads. But nothing like the freedom of planet coaster. You can also add loads of amenities and shops for guests. More like a traditional sim in that respect.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,757 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Pity its not out for the long weekend.

Soon(tm)

So, you can add trees n roads. But nothing like the freedom of planet coaster. You can also add loads of amenities and shops for guests. More like a traditional sim in that respect.

Pretty much what I thought. Next time you're talking to your friend, if after JWE they're looking for ideas for their next project, tell them we desperately need a modern zoo sim! Pweez :D

<14 days!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 381 ✭✭TheKells

https://www.facebook.com/JurassicWorldEvolution/videos/608764459489067/

They're doing a giveaway on facebook until 7

At least they were supposed to be doing it until 7 but they just ended it 10 minutes ago with no explanation. I won nothing :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭Mr Crispy

Nice vid from RPS, previewing some of the features.

Full species list confirmed! One thing I gotta say on the negative side is that I'm slightly disappointed in the species diversity. Yes it's amazing that there are multiple members of a family (5 ceratopids, 4 ankylosaurids, 4/5 stegosaurids, etc), but there are no kind of 'unique' dinosaurs that set themselves apart from the rest. A perfect example of that would have been therizinosaurus. Nonetheless the 37 species (42 if you get the deluxe edition) are pretty awesome, and then of course comes the Fallen Kingdom DLC with another 5/6 species I think after the movie release.

Will there be a Blood & Gore DLC?

Pugzilla wrote: »
    Will there be a Blood & Gore DLC?

Well I did see a guest getting eat by a tyrannosaurus :D

• Advertisement

Will Compsognathus be in the game?

Can't find it on this list: http://jurassicpark.wikia.com/wiki/Jurassic_World:_Evolution

Will Compsognathus be in the game?

Can't find it on this list: http://jurassicpark.wikia.com/wiki/Jurassic_World:_Evolution

No compies, the smallest dinosaur is the velociraptor (well that is Jurassic Park's franchise velociraptor, not the actual velociraptor).

Hope Steam Workshop is supported. Would be interesting to see map and species mods.

If there's one thing I'm worried about it's the fighting visuals. I've seen footage of triceratops vs ceratosaurus, was pretty poor visually, almost like turn based combat. Just yesterday/today a video was released of deinonychus vs velociraptor, wasn't great either. They stared at each other, growled at each other, then they looked away like the other one wasn't there anymore and the deinonychus put her attention to another raptor.

My hopes aren't high. Strategy games that have been designed to appeal to console players tend to be poor.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,001 ✭✭✭KilOit

My hopes aren't high. Strategy games that have been designed to appeal to console players tend to be poor.

Just have to look at the UI to see that it's dumbed down to suit consoles, very basic and flashy, can't imagine a lot of interesting cool unique parks like you would see in Planet Coaster. Can't see this having workshop support! can you imagine ridiculous looking dinosaurs with the Jurassic Park brand! i'd say some top execs would freak at the thought Xenomorph shaped dinosaurs on a killing spree in the game

Dirty console peasants ruin everything as usual.....

KilOit wrote: »
    Just have to look at the UI to see that it's dumbed down to suit consoles, very basic and flashy, can't imagine a lot of interesting cool unique parks like you would see in Planet Coaster. Can't see this having workshop support! can you imagine ridiculous looking dinosaurs with the Jurassic Park brand! i'd say some top execs would freak at the thought Xenomorph shaped dinosaurs on a killing spree in the game

Well have to wait n see. :)
    Hopefully your wrong. Steam workshop was one of the things that made PlanetCoaster awesome

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,578 ✭✭✭EoinHef

In fairness its a game based on a franchise,it was always going to be a bit more mainstream over being a hardcore sim.

I think it's been rushed to coincide with the film release. How many games tied into films turn out to be good?

• Advertisement

#PCMasterRace (old dead meme, wait is it a meme? well whatever it is, it's old!)

I think it's been rushed to coincide with the film release. How many games tied into films turn out to be good?

Yeah I'm getting that rushed feeling too. The fact that dinos don't even sleep apart from when you tranq them is mind boggling. Several other little things as well. I think it'll be good, but there was a lot of things they should have done better.

Dinosaurs slept in Operation Genesis (released in 2003), so can't understand how this is absent.

Disappointing to have only 3 small carnivores.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 7,941 Mod ✭✭✭✭Yakult

Personally can't wait for this game, but to avoid disappointment, I won't be purchasing on release. Has a lot of potential, whether the dev's deliver is another story.

It's a cash grab. Should've spent more time in development.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,757 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

I won't be buying on release either, something doesn't feel right.

Graphics requirements on the Steam store has gone up a notch. Used to list the GTX660, and now it's cranked up to a 1050. They still have the 660 listed, but it says "Legacy GPU". The heck does that actually mean? First time I've ever seen it. As sh11ty as Valve are, being able to refund is brilliant.. which I shall either be doing or not cos my PC is a potato but I'm looking to get a new gaming PC in the next few coming weeks/months anyway.

• Advertisement

Just realised that there's no day/night cycle. The various islands are either in perpetual daylight or night. This is ridiculous.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,035 ✭✭✭✭J Mysterio

What a shame, sounds like this needs another year of development. A game with great potential that isn't being given the time and resources it needs.

I'm really getting the feeling Frontier were being rushed and even limited by Universal. No day/night cycle, no benches on pathways, no dino sleeping, no group hunting behaviour for raptors, etc. I'll hold judgement until release but I'm kinda worried to be honest. Frontier are streaming live gameplay at midnight, so I may watch that a bit.

Watching the live stream at the moment. Gameplay looks very limited and superficial. Doesn't look it would be a challenge for anyone familiar with strategy/management games. Dinosaur AI is poor and immersion breaking. Herbivores don't appear to react naturally to a carnivore. Velociraptor used the exact same kill animation on 2 tourists in the space of 20 seconds.

So your interest in the game is definitely over now, huh?

So your interest in the game is definitely over now, huh?

Waiting for the reviews, but I'm not exactly optimistic. I just like dinosaurs.

• Advertisement

Waiting for the reviews, but I'm not exactly optimistic. I just like dinosaurs.

We all like dinosaurs.

Im still hopeful

I supppse we will know soon enough

Reviews are live and, at first glance, disappointing.

Reviews are live and, at first glance, disappointing.

Balls.

:(

PCGamesN give it 8/10.

RPS say it's boring.

IGN UK gave it 48/100!!

So mixed reviews, with no-one rating it outstanding.

• Advertisement
Advertisement