Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

How to clean stains from mattress?

• 08-03-2021 1:16am
    Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭

I've looked online and it says you can make a mix with Hydrogen Peroxide. Where do I buy this? There was one pharmacy showing online but I don't want to pay the delivery as well.

Does anyone have any tried and tested ways for cleaning stains off a new mattress that is just a few months old?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,130 ✭✭✭Surreptitious

You can buy that in any chemist.
    Steam cleaning would be ideal for the stains if you have one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,935 ✭✭✭randy hickey

You may get better answers if you ask the experts in this field.

You will find them over on this thread:
    https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2058113476

HTH.

• Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭FairCity12

You can buy that in any chemist.
    Steam cleaning would be ideal for the stains if you have one.

Great thanks. Will have a look in pharmacy. I don't have a steam cleaner - and don't know anyone who does weirdly, so I may have to give it a go without!

You may get better answers if you ask the experts in this field.

You will find them over on this thread:
    https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2058113476

HTH.

Um.... they may be experts at creating the stains but not removing them!!!

You go and ask them for me will ya! 😜

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,130 ✭✭✭Surreptitious

FairCity12 wrote: »
    Great thanks. Will have a look in pharmacy. I don't have a steam cleaner - and don't know anyone who does weirdly, so I may have to give it a go without!

Once you get rid of the stains buy a mattress protector. It will take future stains and it's easier to replace than a whole mattress

• Advertisement

Once you get rid of the stains buy a mattress protector. It will take future stains and it's easier to replace than a whole mattress

That's the plan!

Are there ones you can recommend that aren't noisy when moving around on them? Had one before and it was annoying.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 171 ✭✭Renault 5

Why not get a Bissell Spotclean Carpet Cleaner - They can be used on Mattresses and Sofas as well as carpets

Renault 5 wrote: »
    Why not get a Bissell Spotclean Carpet Cleaner - They can be used on Mattresses and Sofas as well as carpets

I shall have a look thanks

Jaysus the price of them! I think I'll stick with trying a cheaper option first!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,906 ✭✭✭Cazale

You can rent a carpet cleaner with upholstery attachment from rug doctor. They have them in tesco, woodies, b and q, the range etc. It's around 30-40 for 24 hours. Might help with the mattress stain.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 41,102 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

I recently bought a bottle of carpet cleaner for about €6 and used it to clean a mattress stain. Worked well.

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 171 ✭✭Renault 5

FairCity12 wrote: »
    I shall have a look thanks

Jaysus the price of them! I think I'll stick with trying a cheaper option first!

They pay for themselves in the long run imo

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,762 ✭✭✭...Ghost...

Mattress topper. Stain covered, no noisy protector. Problem sorted

Stay Free

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,123 ✭✭✭✭Gael23

Did you try just washing up liquid and gently rubbing it in? If that doesn’t work I’d try carpet cleaner

Advertisement