Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mortgages for Trainee Solicitors

Options
  • 07-03-2021 10:14am
    Registered Users Posts: 43

Has anyone here been able to secure mortgage approval as a trainee solicitor? Are there any lenders offering professional mortgages to trainees?

Professional mortgages are common in the UK but I cannot find any information about them in Ireland.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,472 ✭✭✭Grolschevik

DavidX90 wrote: »
    Has anyone here been able to secure mortgage approval as a trainee solicitor? Are there any lenders offering professional mortgages to trainees?

Professional mortgages are common in the UK but I cannot find any information about them in Ireland.

I think Bank of Ireland had arrangement with the Law Society, but that may be in the past. Worth checking the member services section of the LS site.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 7,439 Mod ✭✭✭✭XxMCRxBabyxX

I was able to get a mortgage as a trainee in 2019 with AIB. Just needed a letter from my firm confirming salary and past experience pre-trainee level.

• Registered Users Posts: 43 DavidX90

I was able to get a mortgage as a trainee in 2019 with AIB. Just needed a letter from my firm confirming salary and past experience pre-trainee level.

Thank you! Assuming that you had a fixed term employment contract for the duration of your traineeship, was this an issue at all?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,163 ✭✭✭Claw Hammer

We left the UK in 1922!

We left the UK in 1922!

Great input. Thanks.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 7,439 Mod ✭✭✭✭XxMCRxBabyxX

Thank you! Assuming that you had a fixed term employment contract for the duration of your traineeship, was this an issue at all?

Surprisingly not as I did enquire directly on that point. I think trainee contracts are (or at least were at the time) seen as a solid bet that a contract will be offered afterwards. I didn't need to provide anything to prove that though.

Surprisingly not as I did enquire directly on that point. I think trainee contracts are (or at least were at the time) seen as a solid bet that a contract will be offered afterwards. I didn't need to provide anything to prove that though.

Brilliant. Thanks for your help!

Advertisement