Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Integrated dishwashers - choice

• 07-03-2021 1:46am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,729 ✭✭✭✭

I plan to buy an integrated dishwasher. The shop I want to buy from has a range of maybe 12.

Most are 300-400. Three are at 500 euro - these are the ones I am interested in. Two are AEG / Miele at 850/950.

I wonder has anybody any comments/advice on the following:

(1) Electrolux Fully Integrated Dishwasher KESC7311L

2yr warranty, two racks

(2) De Dietrich Integrated Dishwasher DV14442JU

3yr warranty, three racks - the top rack is a cutlery tray

I don't know much about De Dietrich, I know they make ovens, and sponsored a cookery show on RTE?

The staff in shop said, yes they don't make a big range, but what they do make is good.

Would the 3rd rack and the extra year warranty be enough to convince you to buy the lesser known brand?

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,491 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

Geuze wrote: »
    The staff in shop said, yes they don't make a big range, but what they do make is good.

Do your research before you set foot in an electrical store. The only questions you should be asking the floor staff are about price and delivery.

Sales staff in electrical stores are motivated solely by the commission they will earn. Which is why on the day, they will plug one brand over another. Their recommendations have nothing to do with the reliability or durability of the brand.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 6,543 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sheep Shagger

Look up Which? and the trustedreviews website for impartial reviews.

Energy rating and types of wash cycles are provably the key things to look out for.

Advertisement