Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Chat thread for Amazon Black Friday/Cyber Monday

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,495 ✭✭✭✭Esel

Kolido wrote: »
    Now shows

Precio: EUR 352,94 + EUR 17,00 de gastos de envío

Not your ornery onager

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,421 ✭✭✭✭Kolido

Esel wrote: »
    Now shows

Was at the lower price earlier when I posted, may have been a lightning sale. It might go down again. Hadnt checked the postage, just figured it would be no more than a tenner.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,615 ✭✭✭grogi

Esel wrote: »
    Now shows

Silver and Pink are still available

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,495 ✭✭✭✭Esel

grogi wrote: »
    Silver and Pink are still available
    Thanks for pointing that out!

Silver: Precio de la oferta EUR 229,00 Envío GRATIS.

Not your ornery onager

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,796 ✭✭✭ablelocks

for the chefs and bakers - masterclass baking selection and salter weighing scales selection are deals of the day today....

• Registered Users Posts: 141 ✭✭mgray

Yi compact dash cam. £36.99 has a £13 promotional voucher bringing it down to £24...

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,391 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Ticwatch E Shadow down to 85. Think it was similar black Friday week.

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭DavyC2

Yi Home Camera 720p £17.98 and another 6% off promotion.

YI Home Camera Wireless Wifi IP Camera Security Surveillance Camera with Motion Detection Alert Night Vision for Baby Pet Elder - Remote Monitor App & Cloud Storage Available https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B07438VKLY/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_i_E9JdCb365P5BG

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,795 ✭✭✭sweetie

Jabra move in black and gold are £34.99 each, great cans and half what they usually go for. Well recommended.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,796 ✭✭✭ablelocks

sweetie wrote: »
    Jabra move in black and gold are £34.99 each, great cans and half what they usually go for. Well recommended.

the black, non-bling version is also available at that price

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 842 ✭✭✭BullBauld

Firestick down to £24.99 again.

ablelocks wrote: »
    the black, non-bling version is also available at that price

As I said, Black and Gold :P (I see what you mean though)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,483 ✭✭✭Macy0161

I see the original FireStick is back down to 25. Can someone clarify, with an Irish Prime Video Sub, Prime (Irish content) and Netflix will work without messing around bar the device settings?

I've tried searching the thread, but it doesn't seem clear (to me at least!). At the moment I have Prime Video and Netflix for the family on an Android Box, but want to move that elsewhere!

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,391 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Netflix will work perfectly but with the Irish prime it will be russian roulette whether you can actually play a lot of the content that you see on the device.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,028 ✭✭✭✭ButtersSuki

Thinking of getting a paperwhite kindle. There's £10 difference between the one with ads/sponsored content and without......worth it? I know I've read if you contact Customer Services they'll remove this for you but I read on the site they will now charge for this. Any thoughts?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,615 ✭✭✭grogi

Thinking of getting a paperwhite kindle. There's £10 difference between the one with ads/sponsored content and without......worth it? I know I've read if you contact Customer Services they'll remove this for you but I read on the site they will now charge for this. Any thoughts?

If you're getting the amazon cover as well, you actually won't really notice the difference - better save the 10 quid.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,437 ✭✭✭davetherave

Macy0161 wrote: »
    I see the original FireStick is back down to 25. Can someone clarify, with an Irish Prime Video Sub, Prime (Irish content) and Netflix will work without messing around bar the device settings?

I've tried searching the thread, but it doesn't seem clear (to me at least!). At the moment I have Prime Video and Netflix for the family on an Android Box, but want to move that elsewhere!

I have a regular Irish Netflix and it is working fine.
    It was very easy to change from Ireland to UK digital content via the Amazon live chat if you would consider it. I had changed it back in August before I got the firestick on Black Friday though.

Just some info for those looking to get changed from Ireland to UK region for prime video. I've just done it, took about 30 seconds. Like others have said, no questions asked, no hassle. I had the Parcel Motel postcode handy just incase they looked for it but they didn't.

I went to the contact us page.
    https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/aw/contact-us

Digital Content and Services --> Prime Video -->Video included with Prime

The chat log is below.

Quote:
    Me: Hi, I am looking to get my prime video region changed to the UK.
    You're now connected to Mahith from Amazon.co.uk

Mahith: Hello. I'm Mahith, I'll be glad to assist you.
    Done!
    Could you please try now?

Me: Ok, one moment.
    That is working now. Thank you

Mahith: Perfect!
    My pleasure, is there anything else I may assist you with? I'll be glad to

Me: No that was it. Thank you very much.

Mahith: It was an immense pleasure assisting you.
    Enjoy the rest of your night.
    Take care.
    Cheers!
    If I was helpful in assisting you I would request you to go ahead and take the survey after you end the chat.
    Please click the "End Chat" link to close this window.

The ads are just a screensaver, I barely notice them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,791 ✭✭✭Raoul

Can you cast your screen or most videos from your phone to the firestick easily? As you would with chromecast?

Raoul wrote: »
    Can you cast your screen or most videos from your phone to the firestick easily? As you would with chromecast?

no, you can control amazon video and netflix from your phone though

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,199 ✭✭✭artvanderlay

I have a regular Irish Netflix and it is working fine.
    It was very easy to change from Ireland to UK digital content via the Amazon live chat if you would consider it. I had changed it back in August before I got the firestick on Black Friday though.

Just some info for those looking to get changed from Ireland to UK region for prime video. I've just done it, took about 30 seconds. Like others have said, no questions asked, no hassle. I had the Parcel Motel postcode handy just incase they looked for it but they didn't.

I went to the contact us page.
    https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/aw/contact-us

Digital Content and Services --> Prime Video -->Video included with Prime

The chat log is below.

Quote:
    Me: Hi, I am looking to get my prime video region changed to the UK.
    You're now connected to Mahith from Amazon.co.uk

Mahith: Hello. I'm Mahith, I'll be glad to assist you.
    Done!
    Could you please try now?

Me: Ok, one moment.
    That is working now. Thank you

Mahith: Perfect!
    My pleasure, is there anything else I may assist you with? I'll be glad to

Me: No that was it. Thank you very much.

Mahith: It was an immense pleasure assisting you.
    Enjoy the rest of your night.
    Take care.
    Cheers!
    If I was helpful in assisting you I would request you to go ahead and take the survey after you end the chat.
    Please click the "End Chat" link to close this window.

So does this mean you can now get all the UK apps to work (BBC IPlayer, Itv player etc)?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,766 ✭✭✭RossieMan

No, it's prime video region only. They don't change your DNS.

So does this mean you can now get all the UK apps to work (BBC IPlayer, Itv player etc)?

You will need a smart dns for those i think. I have them all working on my fire tv with the lifetime getflix sub.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,058 ✭✭✭Doge

Ordered an Amazon fire stick for a friend and I got an email inviting me to Amazon music unlimited free for 3 months.

Not sure if it's only for prime customers but it's a nice freebie all the same.

The fire tablets and most Amazon devices are on sale again atm. Quick question, is there any way to remove the special offer adds from the tablets yourself or do you need to pay the extra 10 stg?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,058 ✭✭✭Doge

The fire tablets and most Amazon devices are on sale again atm. Quick question, is there any way to remove the special offer adds from the tablets yourself or do you need to pay the extra 10 stg?

There is indeed, you need to do it via a command line utility with your PC.

https://forum.xda-developers.com/amazon-fire/general/root-remove-forever-lockscreen-ads-t3824551

My Amazon fire 10 is living true to the name lately.
    It gets hot near the charging port and battery life is probably less than an hour.

Bought it in Argos in March and need to send it back.

Doge wrote: »
    There is indeed, you need to do it via a command line utility with your PC.

https://forum.xda-developers.com/amazon-fire/general/root-remove-forever-lockscreen-ads-t3824551

My Amazon fire 10 is living true to the name lately.
    It gets hot near the charging port and battery life is probably less than an hour.

Bought it in Argos in March and need to send it back.

Thanks for that Doge. Is there a common issue with these tablets or you just got a faulty one? I haven't done much research on them, they seem decent specs for the price and was thinking of getting one mainly for watching movies while travelling.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,716 ✭✭✭brightkane

i have gotten a few of them removed though the customer service online chat.

said it was for a child and the ads were confusing and they always did it as a goodwill gesture.

Advertisement