Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

National Burger Day - 2 for 1

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,316 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

too much religious connotations?

• Registered Users Posts: 945 ✭✭✭phunkadelic

Came on here expecting a big thread. There must be a few sneaky bargain alerters keeping it to themselves til after lunch.

https://www.nationalburgerday.ie/2-for-1/

• Registered Users Posts: 23,485 ✭✭✭✭zell12

• Registered Users Posts: 2,893 ✭✭✭Poor_old_gill

Dont know many places on the list (Dublin) but that Brooklyn burger is a good spot for people in the Drumcondra catchment area.
    Have had it twice before and was good both times-i think they only do Pepsi though, which is a pain in the hole!

On a sad note, I forgot about this and had a burger yesterday- cant do 2 in a row with holiday season coming up!!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,325 ✭✭✭Bandana boy

Brooklyn burger looks nice on website but does delivery only !
    is it some lad in his kitchen ?

• Advertisement

Brooklyn burger looks nice on website but does delivery only !
    is it some lad in his kitchen ?

No idea to be honest- have only gotten delivery!
    Not even sure where the place is- other than somewhere in Drumcondra!

I'm partial to takeaway once a week and have been living Northside for about 2 years- its prob the best burger that i have gotten over this neck of the woods.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,724 ✭✭✭eoghan104

Anyone got a deal yet? Going to go for Counter later.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 38,513 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

Dont know many places on the list (Dublin) but that Brooklyn burger is a good spot for people in the Drumcondra catchment area.
    Have had it twice before and was good both times-i think they only do Pepsi though, which is a pain in the hole!

On a sad note, I forgot about this and had a burger yesterday- cant do 2 in a row with holiday season coming up!!

Sure you can. Just take one of the buns off and reduce the carb intake :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,340 ✭✭✭seagull

I'm presuming they went for a pun on purgatory, which wouldn't be the smartest move. I wouldn't want to be eating somewhere that thinks it's on the fringes of hell, and is a place associated with suffering and torment.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,373 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

seagull wrote: »
    I wouldn't want to be eating somewhere that thinks it's on the fringes of hell, and is a place associated with suffering and torment.
    sounds like supermacs on a saturday night -and they do quite well.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,093 ✭✭✭Johnny_Fontane

interesting, there's a burger place literally right beside my house in Drumcondra called Brooklyn Burger on the deal. Delivery only. Anyone tried it? Never heard of the place.

interesting, there's a burger place literally right beside my house in Drumcondra called Brooklyn Burger on the deal. Delivery only. Anyone tried it? Never heard of the place.

I posted in the other thread on this- it's nice enough.
    One of the better burgers that I've had- downside is they only do pepsi but the burger makes it prob worth it

• Registered Users Posts: 3,093 ✭✭✭Johnny_Fontane

I posted in the other thread on this- it's nice enough.
    One of the better burgers that I've had- downside is they only do pepsi but the burger makes it prob worth it

hmm interesting, might give it a try.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

Threads Merged

• Registered Users Posts: 1,724 ✭✭✭eoghan104

Counter is ****e.

The 2 for one only counts for set burger on the student menu and doesn't include the fries and soda set in that price so who knows what they would charge.

I just paid full price for what I wanted anyway but I'm a chump.

• Registered Users Posts: 663 ✭✭✭epopnomis

just back from silvios. double pounder and cheese not the may west. no chicken burgers on offer.. not impressed.

PAH
    no WOW burger , Bunsen , five guys or even Romayos !!
    . Could see Romayos partaking.
    Romayos do have an offer, half pounder cheese & bacon for 3.50, and you can buy just 1.

Just like many chippers not in the ITICA have deals on half price fish n chips day -not necessarily half price. Best checking facebook & twitter if your local has a page.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,469 ✭✭✭Shred

I was in GBK earlier and the offer was only on the classic burger.

Went to counter burger and when placing our order they decided to let us know that the 2 for 1 was only on 3 of their premade burgers. Not impressed really. Stuck with our original orders anyway and had to pay full price. Feel like the website that listed participating restaurants should have also listed what their particular restrictions were.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,366 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

Well National Burger Day was a bit of a sham really.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,207 ✭✭✭✭JohnCleary

Bawnmore wrote: »
    Some nice ones in Galway - Burgatory, Handsome Burger, Giovanni's. Funnily enough they have The Burgatory down as The Burgerstory - I checked it and so does Google for some reason so they may have called it that originally maybe.
    J o e wrote: »
    Because that's what it's called - The BurgerStory.

They originally opened as "The Burgatory" but strangely changed to the less catchy "The BurgerStory".
    Ah - strange - cheers. I thought The Burgatory was a great name - BurgerStory not so much.

Apparently received a cease & desist from a US organisation of the same name.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,932 ✭✭✭randomname2005

Some nice ones in Galway - Burgatory, Handsome Burger, Giovanni's. Funnily enough they have The Burgatory down as The Burgerstory - I checked it and so does Google for some reason so they may have called it that originally maybe.

Got some good burgers from Handsome yesterday, very tasty

Friday 22nd was onion ring day. Romayos were giving 3 onion rings with any online order. (they did not invent it)
    Romayo's
    13 hrs ·
    Today is National Onion Ring Day! ��
    To celebrate we are giving everyone a FREE PORTION OF ONION RINGS with all orders on Romayos.ie �� �� ��
    Add the Onion Ring Offer to your order to avail of the promotion!

There was no mention of this the day before. I might have gone if I had known, even though its not worth a lot. Would have been in their interest to advertise it more as they are so very cheap to make.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_food_days
    national catfish day on monday 25th jun, can't wait! :rolleyes:

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 7,382 Mod ✭✭✭✭pleasant Co.

Funnily enough they have The Burgatory down as The Burgerstory - I checked it and so does Google for some reason so they may have called it that originally maybe.

Funnily enough they didn't partake in this despite being on the list :o

Advertisement