Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Online furniture auction

Comments

• Company Representative Posts: 1,484 ✭✭✭bigmickey.ie

spurious wrote: »
    I'd be interested in these too. The civil service don't tend to skimp on quality (or certainly didn't in the past) when buying stuff like office chairs.

I will see how many of them are left. There are filing cabinets with them also. They will be cheap.

Thanks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,333 ✭✭✭Dr Bolouswki

I'd be interested in these too. The civil service don't tend to skimp on quality (or certainly didn't in the past) when buying stuff like office chairs.

I really like this post. Still chuckling :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,333 ✭✭✭Dr Bolouswki

@bigmickey.ie

thanks for sorting out auction button - some nice items there

is there a countdown to when the auction ends like ebay? or is it 11.59pm on the last day or how will that work?

@bigmickey.ie

thanks for sorting out auction button - some nice items there

is there a countdown to when the auction ends like ebay? or is it 11.59pm on the last day or how will that work?

This is all new to us so too we are just running a smaller auction this month than we intend to do next month.

I am told that if nobody bids on an item then the auction will end in exactly 7 days from start so noon next Thursday 7/3/18 but if anyone bids on an item with 15 mins from the end of the auction then the auction extends for a further 15 mins.

It's trial and error. Lets see how it goes.

Thanks

Bigmickey.ie Team

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

You obviously don't work in the civil service :D

This is all new to us so too we are just running a smaller auction this month than we intend to do next month.

I am told that if nobody bids on an item then the auction will end in exactly 7 days from start so noon next Thursday 7/3/18 but if anyone bids on an item with 15 mins from the end of the auction then the auction extends for a further 15 mins.

It's trial and error. Lets see how it goes.

Thanks

Bigmickey.ie Team

I don't get why you have the extra 15 minutes if someone bids.
    It's should just end on time and that's it.

Will clarify tomorrow. That was my understanding but will confirm for you. As I have said a few times, it's new to us too so let's see .

Thanks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 670 ✭✭✭epopnomis

By adding the 15 minutes at the end of the auction it will entice people to add another bid and set the 15 minute timer off again... :)

NOBODY BID IN THE LAST 15 MINUTES!

Goddammit, I want my new mattress (and ironing board ;) )

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,485 ✭✭✭Bazzy

Hi Large Michael,

Just a quick one i'm in the market for a new mattress king size you have them listed at 5 foot.

When I Measure mine its 6foot 5/6 length the way I sleep say and 5 foot wide are you referring to width on your listing?

Auction is a great idea a bargain from an auction can feel twice as good!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 838 ✭✭✭autumnalcore

Bazzy wrote: »
    Hi Large Michael,

Just a quick one i'm in the market for a new mattress king size you have them listed at 5 foot.

When I Measure mine its 6foot 5/6 length the way I sleep say and 5 foot wide are you referring to width on your listing?

Matresses are always referred to by width. If it was 5ft long it would be Kylie size not king size

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,378 ✭✭✭CeilingFly

I'd agree, quality wouldn't be great, but at least with all the holidays and sick days, they'd be barely used :)
    I reckon that's an error - should be 15seconds.

Matresses are always referred to by width. If it was 5ft long it would be Kylie size not king size

Mattress comes with a free Kylie :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,111 ✭✭✭PMBC

Yea and I want a small box freezer for E50

epopnomis wrote: »
    By adding the 15 minutes at the end of the auction it will entice people to add another bid and set the 15 minute timer off again... :)

Just to clarify for everyone

The Auction ends at 8pm next Thursday evening 7th March. For any item that attracts a bid during that time, the Auction ends there and then at 8pm. For any other item that attracts it's first bid in the last 15 mins of the auction so from 19.45 to 20.00 then the Auction ends at 8.15pm.

This is the information that I have been given over night so hopefully all goes live at noon today and ye all get bidding.

Any questions, just ask and I will do my best to get answers asap.

• Advertisement

Bazzy wrote: »
    Hi Large Michael,

Hi Bazzy

Your size appears to be standard kingsize.

When buying a mattress anywhere I always advise customers to shop by autual size rather than by name size as these sizes vary by name in different countries/ parts of the world. Also some manufacturers make to imperial sizes while others make to metric. In Ireland generally :

Single is 90cm W X 190cm L or 3ft wide and 6ft 3in Long

Small Double is 120cm W X 190cm L or 4ft X 6ft 3in

Double is 135cm W X 190cm L or 4ft 6in X 6ft 3in

King is 150cm W X 200cm L or 5ft X 6ft 6in

Superking is 180cm W X 200cm L or 6ft X 6ft 6in

Emperor is 200cm X 200cm or 6ft 6in X 6ft 6in

Also it is possible to get custom made mattresses made to any size one requires including shaped mattresses.

Hope this helps

Bigmickey.ie Team

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 499 ✭✭ainy

[quote="bigmickey.ie;106298981"

Any questions, just ask and I will do my best to get answers asap.[/quote]

Hi bigmickey,
    Just looking at your charcoal floor tiles, do you have dimensions of these tiles?

ainy wrote: »
    Hi bigmickey,
    Just looking at your charcoal floor tiles, do you have dimensions of these tiles?

These are Milliken brand and retail at around 50 euro a sq Yd. They can come in different sizes but generally 4 tiles becomes one square yard. We normally sell in our shop at 15 euro per square yard but not expecting anything like that for the ones we have put in the auction.

If you pm me a mobile number I can send pictures of a fitting that we done and includes a stairs that is done in these tiles.

Thanks

Bigmickey.ie Team

Hi Bazzy

Your size appears to be standard kingsize.

When buying a mattress anywhere I always advise customers to shop by autual size rather than by name size as these sizes vary by name in different countries/ parts of the world. Also some manufacturers make to imperial sizes while others make to metric. In Ireland generally :

Single is 90cm W X 190cm L or 3ft wide and 6ft 3in Long

Small Double is 120cm W X 190cm L or 4ft X 6ft 3in

Double is 135cm W X 190cm L or 4ft 6in X 6ft 3in

King is 150cm W X 200cm L or 5ft X 6ft 6in

Superking is 180cm W X 200cm L or 6ft X 6ft 6in

Emperor is 200cm X 200cm or 6ft 6in X 6ft 6in

Also it is possible to get custom made mattresses made to any size one requires including shaped mattresses.

Hope this helps

Bigmickey.ie Team

Answers question very well thanks a million

Lets get ready to bid!!

These are Milliken brand and retail at around 50 euro a sq Yd. They can come in different sizes but generally 4 tiles becomes one square yard. We normally sell in our shop at 15 euro per square yard but not expecting anything like that for the ones we have put in the auction.

If you pm me a mobile number I can send pictures of a fitting that we done and includes a stairs that is done in these tiles.

Thanks

Bigmickey.ie Team

Pm sent

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,264 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

I suppose I meant Semi-state, like Bord Gais buying Aeron chairs at nearly a grand a piece, though they probably got a bulk discount.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,489 ✭✭✭Deep Thought

clicked on one item and 4 minutes in, still waiting for it to load

The narrower a man’s mind, the broader his statements.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,163 ✭✭✭kindalen

Great timing for auction, loads of people sitting at home looking at net. Captive market. Have bought off Bigmickey before, must have a look...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,321 ✭✭✭sham69

gave up after 5 mins waiting for pages to load.

best of luck , hope someone gets a bargain.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,055 ✭✭✭xpletiv

yeah really struggling to get anywhere on the website :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,860 ✭✭✭SteM

sham69 wrote: »
    gave up after 5 mins waiting for pages to load.

best of luck , hope someone gets a bargain.

Sure the auctions go on for 7 days. They'll get the site sorted soon and you can make your bid then.

• Registered Users Posts: 371 ✭✭garyskeepers

So is it a silent auction, or do the prices rise on the website as people bid on them ?

Hi All

We are experiencing an issue with the auction part of the site. There is a bug but the tech guys are working on it. It is a 7 day auction so don't panic. It will be sorted. We did flag that this is a trial run and as with most new things there can be teething problems. I will post here when I hear that the issue is resolved.

Thanks for you patience.

Bigmickey.ie Team

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,055 ✭✭✭xpletiv

No worries BM, im sure you'll get it sorted out

xpletiv wrote: »
    No worries BM, im sure you'll get it sorted out

Thanks. I don't understand these things myself but I just spoke to them and they said it should be improving by now. I am snowed in so stuck in the house and keeping a watchful eye on it.

Hope ye all have the bread and milk in. lol

Mick

• Advertisement

Hey big mick, I was trying to click the buy it now option on the ceramic floor tiles but it keeps coming up, 'sorry this product cannot be purchased'. I tried a few different items with the buy it now option and it won't let me.

Hey big mick, I was trying to click the buy it now option on the ceramic floor tiles but it keeps coming up, 'sorry this product cannot be purchased'. I tried a few different items with the buy it now option and it won't let me.

Hi ainy

I will let them know. Don't panic as we have plenty of them. How many yards do you need ?

Thanks

Bigmickey.ie Team

Hi ainy

I will let them know. Don't panic as we have plenty of them. How many yards do you need ?

Thanks

Bigmickey.ie Team

I measured in metres, the info on the floor tiles is metres also. I was after 30m2 of the charcoal ceramic tiles!

Hi BM

I am looking at a blanket box and it has the dimensions

Clearance Stock, White Wooden Storage Box.

90cm (L) x 47cm (W) x 25cm (H). RRP €199

is 25CM the correct height ? seems small

I measured in metres, the info on the floor tiles is metres also. I was after 30m2 of the charcoal ceramic tiles!

Confirmed for you. 30 meters @ E5 of Ceramic wall tiles for E150. Congratulations on the 1st purchase on the Auction site. Really nice tiles. We normally sell for E10 so Well Spotted and they sell in Uk for three times that.

Best of luck

Bigmickey.ie Team

• Registered Users Posts: 843 ✭✭✭skydish79

would you be able to check if recliner actually works?

https://bigmickey.ie/product/32-seater-reclining-sofa-set/

Hi BM

I am looking at a blanket box and it has the dimensions

Clearance Stock, White Wooden Storage Box.

90cm (L) x 47cm (W) x 25cm (H). RRP €199

is 25CM the correct height ? seems small

Height is incorrect. Would think it is more like 50cm. I am snowed in today so will measure for you if we can get in tomorrrow. They were on our site before for 449 euro but the range has finished now and we just have a single bed, a wardrobe and some blanket boxes left hence the low reserve.

The name on the range was Toulouse

Thanks

Bigmickey.ie

Height is incorrect. Would think it is more like 50cm. I am snowed in today so will measure for you if we can get in tomorrrow. They were on our site before for 449 euro but the range has finished now and we just have a single bed, a wardrobe and some blanket boxes left hence the low reserve.

The name on the range was Toulouse

Thanks

Bigmickey.ie

Lovely..thanks

skydish79 wrote: »
    would you be able to check if recliner actually works?

https://bigmickey.ie/product/32-seater-reclining-sofa-set/

This set came in as new so should be fine but will check. We started to check them yesterday but got beat with the snow. Had planned to finish checking them this morning before the auction started but could not leave the house with all the snow.

All over the years people tell me they are worried about electric recliners if they are working or not buying them at public auction. Every single one of them worked. That is my experience.

• Advertisement

Hi All

The Auction site seems to be working fine there now. There was a technical issue ( I sort of expected there might be as can be with anything new). Plenty of bidding, so very happy with it so far. We will do our best to improve it as time goes on and are always open to suggestions for all you guys on here. Thanks for hanging in there with us.

First guy to post I love the Big Mickey Auction gets a free 15 tog duvet in either double or Kingsize. (just to keep you interested)

OK, nobody is to bid on the things I might decide to buy in the next week just so I get a bargain:D

Now that thats clear, Mick can you look at getting dimensions up for the sofas/chairs when you get back into the shop please?

• Registered Users Posts: 890 ✭✭✭doc22

I love the Big Mickey Auction

doc22 wrote: »
    I love the Big Mickey Auction

Well spotted doc22. pm us your address and we will send you the 15tog duvet of you preferred size.

See, it pays to be as sharp as doc22. Claimed in under 2 mins.

Thanks

Bigmickey.ie Team

Confirmed for you. 30 meters @ E5 of Ceramic wall tiles for E150. Congratulations on the 1st purchase on the Auction site. Really nice tiles. We normally sell for E10 so Well Spotted and they sell in Uk for three times that.

Best of luck

Bigmickey.ie Team

Pm sent,
    damn missed the free duvet!

Pm sent,
    damn missed the free duvet!

Seeing as you were the first confirmed purchase on the new Auction site why don't we give you a free duvet also.

Now, that's all the free duvets gone everyone so don't ask but there might be a few other surprises for those eagle eyed boards members over the coming days.

Keep watching.

Thanks

Bigmickey.ie Team

• Advertisement

Seeing as you were the first confirmed purchase on the new Auction site why don't we give you a free duvet also.

Now, that's all the free duvets gone everyone so don't ask but there might be a few other surprises for those eagle eyed boards members over the coming days.

Keep watching.

Thanks

Bigmickey.ie Team

Wahoo, very productive snow day!! Thanks bigmickey!

Lovely..thanks

I think this may be the size (or thereabouts) but will confirm tomorrow or asap

Height: 51.5cm
    Width: 91cm
    Depth: 47cm

• Registered Users Posts: 890 ✭✭✭doc22

Well spotted doc22. pm us your address and we will send you the 15tog duvet of you preferred size.

See, it pays to be as sharp as doc22. Claimed in under 2 mins.

Thanks

Bigmickey.ie Team

Thanks PM sent

doc22 wrote: »
    Thanks PM sent

Thanks. Will send with DPD asap

Thanks

Bigmickey.ie Team

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,766 ✭✭✭RossieMan

any pictures of those computer chairs yet mick?

the auction part of the website is a bit clunky to search around.

• Advertisement
Advertisement