Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Personal tax credit incorrect

Options
  • 09-04-2020 9:35am
    Registered Users Posts: 539 ✭✭✭

Hi folks,

I was self-employed and in March 2019 returned to work as full-time, paye employee. I was no longer taking a salary from self-employment

I only recently noticed that my tax credit for 2019 was 1950 instead of 3300. I checked my tax cert for 2020 was also 1950.

I contacted revenue and asked them to amend which they did and issued a new tax cert with 3300 credits. Im just wondering if i get a refund for the past year when i had the lower tax credits? TIA

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 59,569 ✭✭✭✭namenotavailablE

Yes- you'll need to submit your income tax return via myAccount or ROS, whichever you're set up on.

Don't forget to include any qualifying health expenses you paid for which you weren't reimbursed. Typical qualifying health expenses include prescriptions, GP visits and consultant costs.

Advertisement