Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Xbox One S 1TB for €69.99 Trade in at Gamestop

Options
  • 19-06-2018 9:17am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,857 ✭✭✭

Looks like this deal is back at Gamestop. It's different than the one i upgraded to last year, It's a 1tb model and comes with shadow of war and FH3 and you can trade an old Xbox or Ps4 but need two games. Still a very good deal if anyone is looking to upgrade an old console!

https://www.gamestop.ie/xbox-one-console-bundles
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 537 ✭✭✭yoshimitsu

Atlas_IRL wrote: »
    Looks like this deal is back at Gamestop. It's different than the one i upgraded to last year, It's a 1tb model and comes with shadow of war and FH3 and you can trade an old Xbox or Ps4 but need two games. Still a very good deal if anyone is looking to upgrade an old console!

https://www.gamestop.ie/xbox-one-console-bundles

This sounds great... I missed last year's promotion!

I couldn't find the T&Cs on the website... is it really any 2 games or is there a list? Do I have bring back all the Xbox One original peripherals: power cable, controller, kinect?
    Will try to go tomorrow...

• Registered Users Posts: 20,028 ✭✭✭✭2smiggy

yoshimitsu wrote: »
    This sounds great... I missed last year's promotion!

I couldn't find the T&Cs on the website... is it really any 2 games or is there a list? Do I have bring back all the Xbox One original peripherals: power cable, controller, kinect?
    Will try to go tomorrow...

I got the PS4 pro deal, they took took battlefield 4 and tomb raider off me. I had to give a controller, hdmi cable, controller charging cable and power cable.

It was a day 1 PS4 , and sitting under my tele for a long time. It was dirty/dusty enough, and the charged me €10 for cleaning. So may be worth giving anything you are trading in a quick wipe down !

• Registered Users Posts: 9,627 ✭✭✭Sgt Pepper 64

2smiggy wrote: »
    I got the PS4 pro deal, they took took battlefield 4 and tomb raider off me. I had to give a controller, hdmi cable, controller charging cable and power cable.

It was a day 1 PS4 , and sitting under my tele for a long time. It was dirty/dusty enough, and the charged me €10 for cleaning. So may be worth giving anything you are trading in a quick wipe down !

serves you right you minger! :p
    Why on earth would anyone not clean something they were selling or trading???

serves you right you minger! :p
    Why on earth would anyone not clean something they were selling or trading???

never really sell much, it did not dawn on me really. I traded it Saturday, and between the rugby and world cup i was in a bit of a rush :o

• Registered Users Posts: 2,528 ✭✭✭wandererz

Thinking of going for this offfer. I don't really do any gaming any longer. Just use it for movies on Netflix, Hulu & Microsoft store.

Thinking i could get €35 for the 2 games & €23 for my spare controller from CeX =€58.

Would be a worthwhile upgrade for 4K & Bluray player. I could sell on my 3D bluray player as well.

Would i need to provide original packaging as well?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,198 ✭✭✭testicles

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,857 ✭✭✭Atlas_IRL

wandererz wrote: »
    Thinking of going for this offfer. I don't really do any gaming any longer. Just use it for movies on Netflix, Hulu & Microsoft store.

Thinking i could get €35 for the 2 games & €23 for my spare controller from CeX =€58.

Would be a worthwhile upgrade for 4K & Bluray player. I could sell on my 3D bluray player as well.

Would i need to provide original packaging as well?

Nah just hdmi cable, power cable and controller i think! Worth it for the new console plus its 1TB

I just visited the store in Liffey Street. The have the Shadow of War version but Forza Horizon is out of stock and they wont be getting any more (clerk thought this was across Ireland).
    Need to bring Xbox One, controller, cable (3rd party cable is fine) and 2 games but there are some exclusions like older versions of sports games (he mentioned FIFA 14 and 15 which they sell for 1c). No need for original box or Kinect.
    Back up your profile online and do a wipe of all your data before handing it in. They’ll do some hardware testing on their side but generally no longer than 10-15min wait.
    Will go back in tomorrow to get mine. Happy days... thanks OP

• Registered Users Posts: 8,039 ✭✭✭Guffy

Is there anywhere to get a list of games they accept?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,857 ✭✭✭Atlas_IRL

Guffy wrote: »
    Is there anywhere to get a list of games they accept?

It's pretty much any games that have a trade value, as the poster above said games like fifa 14 that have 1cent value wont be accepted. Doubt they have a list.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,220 ✭✭✭Rowley Birkin QC

Do all Xbox One controllers work with all variants of Xbox One?

• Registered Users Posts: 794 ✭✭✭Redlion

Do all Xbox One controllers work with all variants of Xbox One?

Yeah, any Xbox One controller will work with any variant of Xbox One console.

Atlas_IRL wrote: »
    It's pretty much any games that have a trade value, as the poster above said games like fifa 14 that have 1cent value wont be accepted. Doubt they have a list.

correct there is no list. the clerk make the point that the game need to have a minimum resale value.

I'll try bringing in "kinect sports rivals" to see if they take that piece of sh*te... havent even opened it. i'll bring a few back up just in case

• Registered Users Posts: 277 ✭✭redmissb

My son would like to trade his ps4 in but eject button is broken, would they still take it I wonder?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,054 ✭✭✭TimHorton

redmissb wrote: »
    My son would like to trade his ps4 in but eject button is broken, would they still take it I wonder?

Doubt it as they have a good 10 or 15 min test on the consoles

• Registered Users Posts: 6,766 ✭✭✭RossieMan

No chance they'll take that. Wasting your time I'd say.

redmissb wrote: »

they will try a disk with it, so very doubtful !

• Registered Users Posts: 277 ✭✭redmissb

Thanks everyone, didn't think they'd take it. I'll have a look at the youtube clips though and see if we can get it fixed.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,554 ✭✭✭celtic_oz

I just did this .. didn't realize you get one game with the new console .. thought you get both forza and shadow of war.. but you only get a choice of one or the other.

Still a good deal I think though

Advertisement